Prologue

Brittany was just getting off at 5:00 PM and being picked up from her work at a place she bought to create her own therapy treatment center, she had decided to call Safespace Therapy and Treatment Center, and Jean-Claude was picking her up while the founder of his bloodline before he found his own Belle Morte, his love Asher, Padma The Master of Beasts and his son Fernando, and Mr Oliver who was known as The Earthmover were with him. When eight people from Brittany's past also showed up, one being someone she has yet to meet.

Much to her and Jean-Claude's surprise and worry, her surprise, and his worry because of knowing her history with them except for a big heartbreaking secret that he was about to find out.

"Is that what I think it is?" Brittany asked her eyes wide and her face draining of color, as she looked at a shoebox in Antonio "Tony" Padilla's hands. While his boyfriend Caleb, ex boyfriend Ryan Shaver, Clay Jensen his ex girlfriend Ani, Jessica Davis, Alex Standall, and Tyler Down stood near him.

"Yes. It's Hannah Baker's Tapes. You're the last to listen to them. If you want to anyway." Clay said as gently as possible.

Brittany hesitated for a minute then extremely slowly nodded, while her face was as blank as Jean-Claude's which impressed Belle, Padma, and The Earthmover but also made them raise eyebrows. She also looked at Jean-Claude questioningly.

"I'm sure we have an area we can listen at the Circus of the Damned. Do you have transportation?" Jean-Claude said while he gently took Brittany into his arms.

"Yes we do. We can follow you in our cars." Tony said. After Ani was also introduced along with the others and Tony. While Tyler was very quiet and keeping his head low, which didn't go unnoticed, especially by Brittany.

Jean-Claude noticed as well even as he, Belle, Asher, Padma, Fernando, and Mr. Oliver went to the limo while Brittany went with Tony, Caleb, Ryan, Clay, Ani, Jessica, Alex, and Tyler temporarily. Then she joined in the limousine.

"Who is Hannah Baker?" Fernando asked as they headed to the Circus of the Damned.

"She was like a sister to me. Even though we weren't blood related. She was bullied and harassed to the point where she ended up committing suicide by slitting her wrists and bleeding out in a bathroom. However, before she did she made 15 tapes of 14 reasons why she committed suicide. Instead of writing a suicide letter." Brittany started to explain. She shuddered lightly even as she felt Jean-Claude hold her in his lap and rub her back trying to soothe her.

"What's so special about the tapes?" Asher asked gently.

"Each tape has a person's name on it. The people with Tony with the exception of him and two others are on a tape." Brittany said. Which made Jean-Claude go still while holding her to him. Everyone went still, and quiet for what seemed like forever as they realized what she was saying.

"And you're on one of the tapes..." Fernando finally said

Brittany just nodded while avoiding looking at anyone. While Jean-Claude held her close to him. It was silent as they got to the Circus where the Traveler was waiting, and even as they got things set up.

"Ready?" Tony asked Brittany gently as he got the first Tape ready to play.

"As ready as I can ever be." Brittany said while sitting in between Jean-Claude and Belle Morte.