Chapter XVI - Bryce's Tape to Jessica

As before Tony did what he had been doing. And as before it took a minute before Hannah's continued.

"Hey Jess, it's me. Yeah I know a tape. Yes I did it on purpose, not to be a dick but, because the day I listened to those tapes my life changed. And I bet the same is true for you, and for Justin, and Zach and everyone. And I wanted to give you this. I thought you'd hear me better if I wasn't standing in front of you. You said I had no idea what I'd done to you..."

"You were right. I can't stop thinking about you...replaying that night in my mind. I raped you, I heard you say no...and I did it anyway. Because I wanted to, and I didn't care how you felt. Justin tried to stop me..."

"I wish I could tell you that there was...a tiny voice inside my head telling me that what I was doing to you was wrong...there wasn't. I never had one of those before...That's not an excuse, it just, is."

"I raped Hannah Baker...I raped 7 or 8 other girls, some of them were my girlfriends at the time. I won't name them, but if they choose to tell you...believe them."

"I'm broken. I know that. But I'm seeing a counselor, it's a long hard process, but little by little you start picking up the pieces. I'd like to say that I'm not the same person, who raped you, anymore Jess. But what I've come to realize is that I'll always be him...But I'm trying to be better. To be someone worth something in this world..."

"I...I have this dream that I could be someone that protects people, somehow, protects them from people like me...like who I was. I don't know. I am so f*ing sorry for what I did to you. I wish you the best Jess. Truly. Goodbye..."

And that's where his tape to Jessica ended. And everyone was quiet for a while as Tony moved to get the tape and put it away.

"Hannah truly did change him." Brittany said softly feeling stunned but it also gave her hope that maybe others like Bryce could change. That maybe what Hannah did would help change a lot of things. She wasn't the only one who was stunned.

"Maybe there is hope for others like him." Jean-Claude said to her through their marks.

"A big maybe. But still a maybe." Richard said even though he wasn't with them but knowing pretty much everyone thanks to the marks. And both Jean-Claude and Brittany could feel his worry for her as well.

"You are both right." Brittany said back to them. She sighed softly as she suddenly felt weak and hot.

"You're running a fever." Fernando said as he felt her forehead.

"Another gift of hers is waking up." Jean-Claude said as he gently took her.

"Do fevers always happen?" Padma asked while everyone stood.

"Yes. It's a sign of her gifts waking up." Jean-Claude said while holding her. He paused then added, "I will show you to your rooms after I put her in hers and make sure she will be alright."

Everyone nodded in understanding.

"Can we help with anything?" Asher asked.

"And we need to talk about something important Jean-Claude." Belle Morte said while Tony and the others, and the other Council Members nodded in agreement with her.

"We will probably have to take turns watching her, and have someone else watching her when some of us can't watch her." Jean-Claude said. Then paused and nodded at Belle.

"I will gladly help. And even watch her first." Tyler said volunteering. And Jean-Claude nodded giving a small smile at Tyler as he went towards Brittany's room with Tyler following.