Chapter XIII - Brittany's Tape

As before Tony did what he had been doing after hesitating. While everyone tensed up, and while Brittany moved her legs up to her chest hugging them tightly to her. And as before it took a minute before Hannah's continued.

"It's hard to know where to start with tape, so I'm just going to start with the day we first met and became friends, and go from there. It was not too long after Jessica and I met and became friends with Alex and the same day what Justin did happened, only we met at school and not Monet's, and it was by accident or chance or something. I was ditching one or two of my classes trying to recover from what he did so I could at least get through the day at school, and walking outside when I happened by the field without thinking when I came upon her."

"She was, I guess you could call it sitting, under the bleachers. At first I thought she was sitting there, but when I got closer, I saw that she was shaking, nearly crying, and bleeding in two places. I moved even more quickly to her then and asked if she needed help."

"When she said she did I asked if she could walk she said no. When I moved to go get the nurse she begged me not to, so I went to the field shed and got the first aid kit that I knew was there. And even though I barely had any training, I helped clean and bandage where she was hurt. I'm sure you remember what happened after that on that day, Opinionated Talented Girl, Brittany Nicole Winters."

Brittany couldn't help but blush at that nickname that she hadn't heard in so long, and now doubted that she would ever hear again. Which made Belle Morte smile a very small smile, even as she started to worry just as everyone else did.

"I'm sure you both also remember that day, Jessica and Alex. Because you were there with the aftermath. From that day three, became four, for a while. But then two stopped decided to stop meeting, and it was just the two of us."

"And before long we even became like sisters. To me we still are even though you had to run away, Britt. I wish I could have been stronger to help you, or at least had the courage to have gone with you and start fresh. Maybe then none of what happened after you left would have happened and I would still be around. But don't you dare feel guilt for it, because the guilt lies with me and someone who more than deserves it. But that's another story. Back to this story."

Everyone but especially Jean-Claude tensed up as they saw Brittany eyes glittering with unshed tears. And noticed that she held her legs even tighter to her. So tight that her hands started to turn white.

Everyone could even hear how her heart started to race in her chest.

"She was there for me. Even after Tyler and that mess with him and Courtney. Even went with Courtney, her friends, and I to the Winter Formal. Even though the two of us especially felt awkward going. And I knew why you went with us, and it wasn't for Courtney or her Court."

"It was for me and I'm forever grateful for that. You were also there for me with what happened with Marcus and Zach. Even acted as a chaperone even though that wasn't your job at all. And then with what happened with Ryan. You had my back more than I felt I had yours."

"I've told you of three bad decisions that happened that night. Now we have finally come to the last of them...We got separated the night of Jessica's party for a while. That damned nightmare of a long summer night. Not just because of Justin and Jessica, and Sheri. But because of the absolute pain and hell she went through by herself while we were separated. I wish I had known her stepbrother was that monstrous. Then maybe I could have protected her better, or we could have gotten help."

"I would have had you stay over with me until we could have figured out something more permanent. Without telling anyone else what had happened, even my parents, unless you wanted to have them help."