Chapter 4

Veer's pov :

"Arjun, where is Madhav?? Tell me" I said quite frustrated.

"he's safe, veer relax, don't worry for him, worry for yourself instead" he replied seriously.

"For myself, what on earth i did do so I've to worry"?? I said he was making my blood boil.

He didn't reply. I rolled my eyes and stood in that small hut.

"you have to go tomorrow, anyhow pack your belongings I'll wake you up at sunrise" Arjun cut the silence and threw an arrow of words.

"Bruh, I won't go until you tell me what is that thing troubling you both, is that related to me"?

"No, you'll get your answers in. Kasol.." he said.

I stayed quiet.

Arjun stood up and started preparing for the dinner, it started to rain outside. I opened the window and saw nothing but silence, rain droplets falling and making a calming sound.

he asked me to help cut vegetables. I haven't done any such work in my life, but the weird towns weird people, and their weird taste in food made me do it.

"How are you guys making it through without a mobile network"? I asked out of curiosity to him.

"mobile network"?

"internet? You don't know? " I let a fake laugh out asking him.

"oh yeah yeah, internet, ahh yes. Oh look it's raining so heavily" Arjun replied to me changing the topic.

"Don't change the topic Bharata Arjun" I said.

The conversation went on, he never replied to my questions and continued to change the topic at every third question.

It was raining heavily, we slept.

The next morning, he woke up me and I don't know what time, the sun was to rise, and I could see the golden dance of sunlight on the icy peaks of the Himalayas.

"c'mon get ready, and leave," he said

"what, don't you sleep Bharata Arjun? "

" what do I look like? I'm a human veer, sleep is a basic human need why would I not sleep"

"Okay okay, relax so short tempered you are". I said washing my face.

I saw people, again. It felt alive again. The town came into its life.
The chirping of birds, the motion of people, laughing woman and rude man, oh I love Malana man.

Soon, it was time to leave. This Arjun guy won't let me stay a second more.

"chalice, Bharata Arjun let's meet soon"

"Sure, Anuj Veer"

He came and hugged me, I felt a shock in my spine. And I thought how short I am in front of this. Guy. Although I am 5'11 Nevermind.

We bid each other farewell and I tracked along my way to Kasol, it took me around 3-4 hours to reach down there.

There wasn't any proper road but a mule track and a kutcha road. With a breathtaking view, a lot of animals around and yes mountains.

I could see tea stalls and random cafes approaching as I neared Kasol, it wasn't the same as Malana, Malana was something different. It had that scenic heaven view. But not Kasol.

I kept on walking, I passed along humans, real humans not someone like Arjun or Madhav, weird sort, but I miss them. I spend the best 24 hours with them.

"The kasol view and Cafe" a pretty small cafe caught my attention, on Main mall road, it had that wooden finish and those aesthetic big glass windows with many amazing portraits inside.

I sat on a table with a charging point, it was 2 pm. I was hungry as hell, I ordered a lot. I knew I won't be able to eat but yes I did.

"Sir, here is your order" The waiter appeared after 15 mins with my order. It had Kesar tea, Rajma chawal, and pav bhaji.

The weather was turning cloudy, and in 10 mins, before I could finish my dinner, it began to shower. I was sitting along the big glass window I could see people out running under the shelter.

Some children started dancing in the rain, jumping, dancing splashing.

A girl, wearing a blue salwar kurta appeared she looked pretty, but I could not see her face it was dark, and she started dancing along with those children.

My eyes were wide, never seen a girl so pretty. I stopped eating and stood up cleaned the window thoroughly with my hands and I was just looking at her. She was unreal. She looked like an angel Pari. (you can see the video I linked above for reference of this scene)

It was dark, I couldn't make her face out, but her hair. Long and brown. She had that audacity of dancing in the middle of the road, caring for nobody but herself.

She picked up one of the kids dancing along, kissing his forehead. Suddenly I saw her face when the lighting occurred, she was incredibly pretty. I forgot my presence, it was love at first sight!

My smile wasn't stopping, I was smiling like an idiot. She had that magic, that I craved for. I could look at her like this the whole night.

My heartbeat was fast as ever,
"sir...sir." I was disturbed by the waiter.

"WHAT" I shouted while looking at her still dancing

"here's your bill" the waiter responded. I looked at him, I was annoyed, and his smile was teasing me.

"wait, yaar" I yelled at him. He widened his eyes and continued smiling. He was annoying. I picked the bill to get rid of that fellow, I paid him the money, my hands were, trembling and I was in a hurry.

I looked again, outside. "ah man... Where's she now" My eyes started to find her, but she vanished in a minute.

I sat down once again. Disheartened. I wish to see her again but was I dreaming ??

No children were still dancing, and that annoying waiter was still peeping into my soul, and it was still raining, but that girl was gone.

"Hey, excuse me! Where is Mr. Kapoor's farmhouse" I asked the receptionist. He looked my age.

"Street 29 behind the post office, you'll see some decoration. Here for his daughter's wedding ?" he replied.

"oh yeah man, are you invited too"? I asked well if he was invited to at least I'll have company.

"That man has invited the whole town, he's a wealthy man," he said

I thought if she was a local he would have invited her for sure

"Will you come in the evening?"

"I'll see," he replied.

"I am veer by the way " I brought my hand ahead for a handshake. He looked kind.

"Agastya" he replied.