Chapter 20

Veer's pov :

Days passed, and Draupadi Bhabhi and Pandavas had already returned to Indraprastha, and now they were about to go into exile for fifteen years. My heart was concealed with regret and hatred. It was all my guilt; if I didn't invite them to Hastinapur, all of this would not occur. Mridula would have been talking to me; she would be with me, Pandavas would not get exiled for fifteen years, and all of it would be the same as before.

Now it was my last chance to apologize for my huge blunder as I rode my horse and paced it to reach Indraprastha by evening. Trees sprinted through my view, and concrete turned into meadows, greens all around reminding me of my childhood and its innocence.

By evening I reached the Edge of Indraprastha, situated near the Yamuna River. It was black regardless of its origin from the Yamnotri glacier. I followed the river, and soon I could see the heavenly palace of Indraprastha. It was quite different than the last time I came. earlier, it was filled with laughter and cheer fullness, but now it was all long gone.

Entering the Grand entrance, I saw a chariot standing midway; I wondered to whom it belonged; going near to it, it was embodied with gold and silver; it was beautiful, and no doubt it belonged to someone exactly precious as this; I came down from my horse, adjusting myself back again and stretching my arms, as I looked at the blue sky, my eyes saw a flag tied at the top of the chariot. I stepped forward to have a clear look at seeing and recalling the flag. A smile appeared on my face, and a sense of happiness began to rise somewhere inside my body.

' Vikarna.' a voice echoed in my ears from behind. It was sweet and serene; as I turned back, I saw a man with a pita mbari dress and Mor Pankh in his mukut; he had a generous smile on his face;

'Vasudev.' my lips slipped on seeing him as I touched their feet in respect and joined my hands in front of them.

'I was waiting for you, Vikarna.' he said.

'for me? Is anything there I can do for you?' I answered back.

'Hmm, perhaps there is,' he replied, smiling.

'Command me, Vasudev, I am more than delighted to serve you,' I replied, smiling back.

He kept his right hand on my shoulders, giving a relaxed breath out, and continued, 'I appreciate how you tried to help Sakhi back there in Hastinapur, ' he said.

'I'm sorry, Vasudev, but I was unable to help her. It was all my fault. I..' he cut me in between.

'who said it was your fault, Vikarna? I assume you were the only man who stood against the cruel deeds of Duryodhan, and that too when he was your brother,' he said, giving me a positive perspective.

'but I failed; I am ready for any penalty; I am ready to go for eviction, but please stop Pandu Putras from going away like this.' I said, joining my hands again in front of him and pleading with him to help us.

'No, Vikarna, it was perhaps all written, don't blame yourself for everything which wasn't in your control.' he said.

I sighed.

'but I believe destiny may give you another chance to show your kindness to the world.' he said, giving an erratic look on his face; I was confounded about what exactly that he implied.

'I'm sorry, Vasudev, it didn't get you.' I said, bewildered.

He smiled and took a round about me and came back to where he was standing, 'one day, you will be in a place where nobody has ever seen; I'd be somewhere far away in the mountains, where the sky meets the sea and where green lights dance along the valley, somewhere in the north were galaxies could be seen and where apsaras live.'