Chapter 14

Veer's pov :

"pranipath Bhrata Bheem" I greeted them as I came into the heavenly palace of Indraprastha.

It was massive, obviously not bigger than Hastinapur's but it was precisely one of the most stunning palaces I've ever been to. It was constructed by Vishwakarma ji after all. The Great Architect.

"Vikarna, my brother so good to see you here, how you have been?" Bharata Bheem asked.

"I am well and Good Bhrata" I grinned and answered back.

We stood at the foyer of the palace, it was shrouded by lush green gardens served with a huge medley of flowers and trees. It had tiny squirts in between which provided the entire garden with moisture. The main palace was visible from the entrance, we had to walk a short distance to reach the main entry gate to the hallway.

In between I met subhadra bhabhi and Bhrata Arjuna roaming around the gardens, I was more than delighted to see them, it was my first meeting with Subhadra Bhabhi after their marriage. The garden had dozens of flower beds planted with marigolds and lilies.

"what brings you here," asked Bhrata Bheem.

"It's something I'd like to talk about with five of you just" I replied.

"that's intriguing, Jestha Yudistir is out patrolling around the town. It will take time. You should eat something, c'mon" said Bharata Bheem.

I chuckled and obeyed him inside the castle. Smudged with red and gold, festooned with mini sculptures of gods and shlokas jotted down all over. It was Beautiful.

We passed through the lobbies, and hallways to reach the dining area. I could see Draupadi Bhabhi, Nakul, and Sehdev around. As they saw me. A smile emerged on their face followed by mine. We strolled to the dining room area plugged with an assortment of fruits, sweets, and saps.

"Panchali, look who has come to meet you. Your favorite devar Vikarna" Bhrata Bheem said. Grabbing a fresh apple from the basket and hitting me on my shoulders.

"ouch, just it hurts" I cried. Everyone laughed at us, and Nakul and Sevdev greeted me with pranipath.

"Vikarna, that's not fair why you didn't bring Mridula along? It's been a long since I saw her" said Draupadi Bhabhi.

"I came in a rush, I'll get her next time for sure. Bhabhi maa" I replied.

"There is no next time Vikarna bhaiya," said Nakul lifting his eyebrows at me and letting a slur.

"Trust me, I'll get her next time," I said.

"How can we trust you, you have Duryodhan's blood running in your veins" uttered Bharta Bheem.

I felt dire and fragile. How could they say that, I agree to be one of the Kauravas but I never wished for anything bad for them, ever. It took a long for them to figure out that I wasn't one of them. I constantly desired to be like them. Who walked on the path of dharma, and cared for their people. It's just this Bharta Bheem does not understand.

"Arya, stop. Vikarna you must be tired I'll get you some food" Draupadi Ma said smiling.

"No bhabhi Ma, I'm in no mood" I replied.

"Mood? Are you sure my Anuj sees these laddoos and barfis fresh and sweet" said Jestha picking up two laddoos together and eating them.

"Bharta Vikarna, you should eat them before they are over," said Nakul, and suddenly just Bheem seized him by his neck, and pleaded with him to stop.

I sat along with them to eat lunch, it was midday when I saw Jestha Arjun and Subhadra Bhabhi coming inside the chamber we sat in. The aura was light everything was immaculate, I have eternally relished their company and now even though we all are married and some of us even have kids, still the bond is exact.