Chapter 5

Paridhi's pov

"Dadi— Dadi—" I yelled from my room, coming into the open space, i could see dadi from there, hanging out at her favorite spot. The house was warm, and the stillness added more warmth to it.

"What— pari—what happened?" She abruptly stood up from the verandah and hurriedly made her way inside, responding swiftly. Meanwhile, I examined the two kurtas I held in my hands simultaneously. I positioned myself on the stairs, patiently awaiting her reply.

"what should i wear in the evening—?" I let out, with a confused look.

"oh my god this girl— I thought he
took you !! I almost had a heart attack." She said with heavy breath and pounding heart.

"took me? Who took me— where?" I answered back, narrowing my eyes in utter confusion.

"Ashwattama—!!" she said.

I couldn't help but giggle as I observed her pure and adorable nature, filled with innocence and kindness. "Dadi, he won't, I assured with a laugh, otherwise he would have taken me," I whispered to myself.

"Now— tell me what should I wear, I don't have anything traditional, i just  have some casual kurtas, that are not at all acceptable in a wedding." I responded with  a sorrowful face.

"you can ask Ridhima, she lives nearby—" Returning to her customary spot on the main verandah, she positioned herself where she could observe others and be observed by them. With the passage of time, she had aged alongside the house, becoming a familiar figure to everyone in the city. Sitting outside brought her a sense of tranquility, as passersby would kindly acknowledge her presence.

"what—Ridhima? No, I won't take anyone's clothes, I'd rather buy new ones" As I descended and approached Dadi, who was seated and modifying one of her blouses, I joined her gaze outside. The people were engrossed in their daily activities, while a chilly breeze brushed against my face. The house offered a splendid sight of snow-covered mountains, and the sky gradually transformed into a pink hue as dawn approached the valley.

"Does anyone know you here?" she asked continuing with her work.

"Nope— only you," I said.

"so, why do you care so much ?" she said. 

A  luxurious car passed by, splashing the mud onto the staircase "Nobody's going care for what you think, what you wore but they are only going to remember how you behaved, how you treated them. Do you remember the color of this car or the brand ?" she questioned

"ah...no" I replied.

"But, you remember how it splashed mud here, that's exactly what you left behind when you act ill mannered".

I gave myself a deep thought and answered "Can I wear something casual?"

"Remember your attire does reflect your personality, you should always be proud of your culture, always worship it, and preserve it, for it is going to always be your background it mirrors your upbringing, so always wear something which suits the location and something which feels you, which make you feel yourself more".

she said it right, I should wear something which is so me; "dadi, where Ridhima lives"?

She smiled and said, "Just behind us, she's a sweet child you both can be good friends, chalo I'll take you there". She stood up; putting her blouses aside.

I followed her, Ridhima's house was just behind. It was not that big but very much welcoming.

Dadi called out her name and she appeared from one of the rooms,
She was pretty indeed, her eyes were beautiful and big, and she had short black hair, with a fair complex. She greeted Dadi with Pranam.