Chapter 11

Paridhi's pov :

little green lights I saw, twinkling away on Pari Tibba there had to be a scientific explanation for them. I was sure. After dark we see or hear many things that seem mysterious, and irrational. And then by the clear light of day, we find that the magic, the mystery has an explanation after all.

But I did see those lights late at night when we walked home from the forest to our little cottage at the edge of the forest. They moved too fast for them to be torches or lanterns carried by people. And as there were no roads or Pari tibia, they could not have been cycling or cart lamps. Someone told me there was phosphorus in the rocks,  and that this probably accounted for the luminous glow emanating from the hillside late at night. Possibly; but I was not convinced.

our (My and Veer's) encounter with Yeti happened last night. To investigate the same matter, we tracked the town of Koli. People of the village had already got news about the late night that some kids were being chased by Yeti.

"it is common for us to see Yeti these days," says Ramesh Bhaiya who owns the tea stall near a small temple. It isn't that big but it invites a large number of geriatric people from the village to sit there in the evening and discuss politics.

The Yeti that plunged the village into an atmosphere of gloom and terror may not have been the same Yeti that attacked us last night.

"They are about five or seven, not exactly what we have counted; but they appear sometimes on the edge of the forest waiting for their prey said Ramesh Bhaiya.

"But you should have informed the forest department" claimed Veer taking a sip from his chai, he was already that drunk about two of them.

"Forest department officers do not believe that a creature like Yeti exists says Ramesh Bhaiya.

"It's a mythological creature for them, never heard in plains or somewhere near seas he only appears in mountains" A man in his mid-sixties came from somewhere and sat near Agastya asking for some masala chai. He had fair skin and a pale body that looked more like a laborer he had a generous look on his face.

"Did anyone ever capture a photo of Yeti," I asked that fellow.

"Photo, you saw him last night did you capture one? " said that man.

"ah. no" I replied.

"People are frightened and spooked by him, how can they even think of capturing one," he said.

It was cordial to us, we've been through the same. The conversation soon took the turn of some distinctive political conversation. They told us about how Nine-day-year-old Sanjay, son of Kalam Singh, was the first child to be attacked by the Yeti.

Kalam Singh's house was the last in the village and nearest to the river. For some reason, the beast had made that place to hang out occasionally. He took the advantage and attacked Sanjay but he managed to run away like us.

"That's so scary, we've never seen him in Kasol," said Riddima.

"he lives at a higher altitude," said Ramesh Bhaiya serving his fourth tea to Veer. I dilated my eyes at him to stop.

"ah, can it be possible that it's Ashwattama"? I asked the same man who seem to have great proficiency in this metier.

"how do you know about him," he said hesitating a little. He got a tense look on his face on hearing the name. The environment became tense.

"we just know about them, he lives in Malana," said Veer looking at me and continuing my words.

"Malana.. what a fortune those poor people have," he said.