Chapter 23

Paridhi's pov :

Sitting inside the tiny cafe when rain drizzled from above, creating a sound like anklets when it fell on the teen shade above, diminutive water spews began to reach down the cliff as it heaped laboriously on the ridges. The scent of chai and mint bread made me concede how beautiful life is, and when Veer smiled it reminded me of how flowers blossoms in spring. He was my spring, as I recognized He was my pink and red and yellow to my grey mediocre life. He bought me joy; a joy that made my heart smile.

Life seemed worth living not व्यर्थ।

'why are you smiling Pari.' he said sipping his chai.

I glimpsed at him, hiding behind a small glass of tea and touching it again and again to my face to feel the heat. 'it's nothing.' I said.

'Have you ever danced in the rain deer?' I asked him keeping down the drink on the table.

'No, I Don't like rain!' he said folding his capes and keeping them on the table.

'What? Who hates rain?' I asked my eyes were amazed to hear him and so was my soul.

'because it annoys me, the surroundings, the dirt all around damp and stinky clothes...' I halted him as I kept my finger on his lips, making him go shut.

'shhh, you have never felt it like rain, you have always taken it otherwise that's why.' I answered back. Removing my finger and stood up from the chair, compelling him to stand alone with me as I clutched his hand while giggling and jogged out of the cafe as it heaped on the streets, we escaped the cafe,
'No Pari, we're gonna get ill.' he yelled as we both stood in the center of the market, getting wet and shivering, the raindrops were cold and freezing.

'Shut Up deer.' I said as I smiled at him, the water from his hair fell on his face, making him look like the sweetest of the dish, and he smiled too. Glancing at me whereas I stood there in front of him, motionless and damp.

'so, Mr. Veer Sharma can I have the charm to dance with you? ' I asked him, bowing a little and giving him my hand.

he mashed his lips and beamed looking away, as he could not make eye contact out of shyness. 'of course I'd love to.' he said taking my hand in his, as we began dancing in the rain, falling trembling, screaming and laughing. He held me in his arms, making me swing around and chuckle. It didn't feel like he was a stranger or someone I don't know, he was my best friend, the love of my life!

We danced for some time, and when the breeze and cold rain became unbearable for us, we ran back inside, all wet and soaked in rainwater. Seeing our constraint the owner of the cafe didn't allow us to sit inside again, but it didn't bother us at all.

'I'll get you somewhere else then.' said Veer Shivring. We ran towards the wood, I had no slightest idea where was I taking me.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"I don't know!" he responded shrieking and giggling. And a smile left my mouth too.

Running along the steep trains of the forest, crammed with tall trees and broken branches after rain, it took us about half an hour until we reached an area filled with a variety of flowers, it wasn't real. The whole area was sown with lavenders. I couldn't even blink my eyes, it was so beautiful. As far as I could see it was all filled with lavender and tulips and some wildflowers, my brain didn't process such beauty, it was out of the world.

"Veer? Is this all real? Where are we?" I asked my eyes filled with water, and I hugged him tightly and enjoyed the view in front.

"Heaven," he replied.