Epilogue

Coming back we arrived there, everything was usual. It felt like nothing has happened here. People were still gathered under the big pine tree sitting and chit-chatting. Women were busy going to their daily chores and children were busy playing with long wooden sticks. Everything was normal and the same as we had left.

The sun was about to set, I was tired my eyes were heavy from the sleep inside them, and my head was thumping continuously out of starvation and dehydration. Veer was tired too it was apparent on his face. We walked slowly to enter the village. Seeing us coming many of the little children came running into my arms, their serene smiles gave me some stamina to talk, and a smile appeared on my face.

"Where were you jiji ?" Asked the tiniest one to me.

I looked at veer, not able to answer her question. "We were gone to bring you all some candies." Said veer taking out some candies from his backpack. "Wow candies, I love them veer bhaiya." They said to take one candy each. Veer looked at them with tenderness and beamed as they enjoyed eating. But abruptly my mind was stunned, how do they know that candies exist? This is something made in kali yuga Of course-

"Veer! Did you just see it?" I said placing my hand on his arm.

He peeked at me confused, " What is it, Pari ?" He said looking at the children.

"They know about the Candies!" We both yelled jointly which made most of the elderly people turn towards us.

"Oh my God Veer, I can't believe it," I said happy tears falling down my eyes.

"Finally we've revived the town, they are back! Malana is back!" I said hugging him tightly.

"Yes Pari, I am so so happy about this." He let out grasping me in his arms.

"But we're still not confirmed about it." He spoke out.

"Huh? How can we confirm it ?" I said.

He brought his phone out calling Agastya on it, the ring was dialled which meant there were network connections. I was smiling like an absolute dupe. "Hello ??" Spoke to Agastya from the other side.

"Do you know where I am right now?" Said veer.

"What where ?" He said although his voice wasn't clear it was coming and that was the point.

"Malana!" Said veer. Leaping with excitement and the smile had not left his cheeks from the past ten minutes. "What in the world-" spoke Agastya.

"Are you serious Veer?" He inquired.

"Yes I am, can you- can you come here- hello ?? Am I audible??" Said veer before the signal was lost.

"There's a lot of problem with networks here." Said one of the men coming from the other direction.

"Yeah, of course, you were a whole yuga back." Said Veer looking into the phone.

"We were what ?" Said the man.

"NO, no it's nothing. Thank you. I mean sorry-" I said letting him go. As he went away giving us a "stupid people" look.

"Did they just forget us?" Said veer.

"Hmm, I guess they might have," I said.

"But the children still recognize us." Said veer waving at one of the kids.

"They are children veer, they will forget as time will pass," I said looking at the lovely sunset that was right in front of my eyes. Veer came a bit closer, tossing his arms over my shoulder as we enjoyed the setting sun in the mountains for maybe one last time, the sky was all pink and blue, making us remember every moment that passed in the expedition.