𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧 | 𝐉𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐉𝐚𝐲𝐬

____________________________

𝐓he group soon circled back to the beach out of sight

𝐓he group soon circled back to the beach out of sight. Everyone began arguing about which path to take and the remaining Victors. "So besides Brutus and Enorbaria who's left?" Katniss questioned. "Maybe Chaff. Just those three" Peeta replied. "They know they're outnumbered. I doubt they'll attack again" Finnick commented. "We're safe here on the beach". "So what do we do? We hunt 'em down?" Johanna said getting frustrated. Quinn paced back and forth getting more and more irritated by the second. "We need water, we're dehydrated" Quinn said wiping the thick layer of sweat from her head.

"𝐈'll go" Peeta volunteered and Quinn gave him a thankful nod. Just then, straight out a blue they all heard a scream from what sounded like a little girl. "Katniss help me!!" The voice yelled as Katniss jumped to her feet. "Prim! Prim!" She screamed running into the jungle. "Katniss wait! Katniss!" Quinn shouted while running after the girl, leaving the rest of the group confused on the beach. Ignoring Finnick's protests she continued running after Katniss until noticing her coming to a stop.

"𝐊atniss? You okay?" Quinn said her expression now serious. Another scream. This time from the voice of a young male. "Quinny!" It screamed. "Griffen?" She her face went as pale as a ghost hearing her dead brother scream. "Quinny please! Help me!" It yelled again as the girl was now running around calling for it like a mad man. "Griffen!" Quinn yelled, a mixture of emotions running through her. Shock, confusion, frustration. "Quinn no! It's not him!" Katniss spoke placing a hand on her shoulder. Quinn ignored the girl and continued searching for her brother. "No it's not..It can't be, he's.. he's dead!" Quinn furrowed her brows in absolute confusion.

"𝐐uinn it's not him! It's just a Jabberjay, it's not him!" Katniss stopped the girl still stumbling around. "That's the thing..Jabberjays, they copy!" Quinn replied now turning to look at Katniss. Just then more birds came swooping in. "Katniss!". "Gale.." she mumbled. "Quinn help me!!" A young girl called for her. "Cypress?!" Quinn cried. "Come on! We have to get out of here! Come on!" Quinn grabbed The girls arm as the both began sprinting through the jungle. The frightened and terrified looks returned to both girls face's as the screams continued.

𝐒he could hear everyone. Her brother, her dad, her mom, even little cypress. At one point she could've sworn she could hear Finnick's muffled screams in between. They ran and they ran and they ran until they saw could see Peeta and the others in the distance. It looked like he was saying something but they couldn't hear one word of it. Katniss then hit an invisible wall separating the two girls from the rest of the group. The birds attacked the girls. Finnick helplessly watched as the girl he loved was being tormented by her dead loved ones.

𝐐uinn then resorted to anger and began hitting and punching and kicking at the wall like a child throwing a tantrum. A bird came right up to her face, this one sounding like Cypress. But instead of screaming for her help it just floated in front of her. "Why couldn't you save me! Why Quinn! Why!" It taunted. The most chilling part of it all being the innocence the voice held. "Why Quinn? Why!" It spoke now turning into a shout as Quinn tried her best to ignore it and only focused on what she was doing.