𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 | 𝐀 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

_________________________________________

𝐑eturning to 13 was a nightmare. Everyone was hysterical. All the soldiers were freaking out, even Coin was stressed. Atleast 15 nurses rushed Katniss into surgery were she currently was right now. Quinn was also in the medical ward getting her leg examined by Doctor Bennet while Haymitch stood nervously to the side. "I'm fine Haymitch!" Quinn insisted getting tired of watching him anxious bop his leg up and down. "You're not fine!" Haymitch protested. "The bleeding stopped that basically means it's healed!" She argued.

"𝐓hat is most certainly not what it means!" Doctor Bennet interrupted, causing Haymitch to glare at Quinn with an even more distressed look. "Shh! You're my nurse, you're supposed to take my side!" The girl whined. "I told her! I told Katniss letting you on this mission was a horrible idea, but no, just like everyone else, she didn't listen!" Haymitch complained while Quinn shook her head dismissively. "I hope you've atleast been wearing the brace, Beetee made for you?" The nurse questioned, to which Quinn but her lip nervously before looking at the ground.

𝐓he man slammed both hands against his hips furiously. "Seriously Quinn!?" Haymitch scolded with a very fed up expression. "...sorry?" She faked a smile with her best attempt at an innocent voice. "Where is she!?" A hysterical voice cut through the chaos making all 3 heads jerk towards it. Finnick. Quinn had completely forgotten about him on the ride back. 'Shit, shit, shit!' She thought. "Ooo he looks mad, you're really in for it now" Haymitch teased, receiving and annoyed look from Quinn who was already working on standing up, despite the comments from Doctor Bennet.

"𝐅inn!" She called out over the noise. He immediately saw her after that and hurried over towards her. 'Here it comes..' She thought nervously, preparing herself to be screamed at. "Look before you get mad—" Before she could finish her sentence she was being swept up into a tight hug. Huh? Why isn't he yelling? This is not at all what she thought was about to happen. "Are you okay?!" He said frantically. Quinn ignored his question, still taking a moment to process what was happening. The feeling of his arms around her made a thousand butterflies swarm in her stomach. It was still taking her awhile to get used to so much affection.

𝐒he was too deep in thought, she hadn't even realised he had put her down. "Quinn!" He shouted causing her eyes to meet his. "Yeah?" Was all she replied with. "Are you alright?" He repeated. "Oh yeah! Totally fine. Just a few scratches, that's all..." She answered as his eyes drifted down to her wounded thigh. "Your legs bleeding!" He said worriedly. "What? Oh dammit, I just got it to stop!" She groaned. "Quinn!" He shouted in frustration. "Please don't be mad" She begged.

"𝐈'm not mad! It's just—" Finnick sighed. "What the hell happened" His gaze softened. "How could you not tell me you were going!?" He continued. "Because I knew what you would say!" She shouted. "I knew you would tell me not to go and force me to stay.." She sighed. The pair stood silently in front of each other, ignoring the chaos around them. "Sorry, to ruin the moment but I need to take Quinn in for a scan" said Doctor Bennet, who Quinn hadn't even noticed up until this moment. "Wait—Scan? What for—" Finnick asked confused. "The—" Doctor Bennet began. "—My, uh leg!" Quinn interrupted immediately, receiving strange looks from both of the two in front of her.