𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬..

______________________________________________

𝐊atniss and Finnick laid side by side. The steady beeping of the heart monitor echoing through the section of the hovercraft. The two laid there in complete silence. To anyone walking by the pair would seem dead. The only indication of life being the evidence presented on the heart monitor beside them—otherwise they would seem completely lifeless. While the girl beside him was still out cold he slowly began regaining consciousness. The dimly lit light over them, shining through his eyelids.

𝐇e grunted in pain while pulling out the various needles that did god knows what out of his arms. His eyes scanned over his surroundings meeting Katniss and Beetee who were both still in what looked like a mindless nap. He immediately panicked not seeing Quinn near and his brain slowly started collecting the images from the arena. 'No..' He repeated almost inaudibly over and over again. Then finally he remembered it all. He had unconsciously stumbled into a room. The sound of the automatic doors opening and closing.

𝐇e turned to see Plutarch Heavensbee and Haymitch Abernathy on either side of a large table that sat in the centre of the area. "Ah you're awake" Haymitch spoke in an all too perky tone given the situation they were in. "What happened?" Finnick knitted his eyebrows, the confusion etched across his face. Plutarch sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose seeing that the person he needed to speak with still wasn't awake. The man gave a brief explanation of what had happened.

"𝐈 must applaud you Mr Odair, you played your role very well" Heavensbee thanked. The boy gave a polite nod in return then continued with his question. "Where's Quinn?". "Now Finnick you have to unde-" Haymitch began. "Where.is.she?!" He interrogated burning with anxiety. The man from 12 took a deep breath as his expression turned dull and pitiful. "She's in the Capitol along with Peeta and Johanna" He admitted. The colour immediately began to drain from the boys face as realisation sunk in.

𝐆rief comes in five stages, Denial. "W-what, no no no y-you said that you would get her out okay?!" He stumbled over his lines as he could barely speak clearly. Anger. "You promised! That she would be okay!?" He shouted, waving his hands around like a mad man. "Look. We could barely get you, Katniss and Beetee out in time!". Haymitch stood there sympathetically as he tried his best efforts to calm the man. Bargaining. "No. No, take me back! I-I'll go get her myself!" Finnick yelled in frustration, slumping over the table from still somewhat being injured.

"𝐘ou don't understand! She still has her tracker in her arm!" Haymitch banged his hand on the table in frustration. "Johanna cut Katniss's out, Quinn was supposed to cut out hers and Peetas but then.."He drifted off as Finnick started to piece together the rest of the puzzle. "The Capitol should have them all locked up in cells by now..Im sorry but if we go back then we'll get ourselves killed and I can not allow that to happen" Haymitch's speech was spoken with genuine sadness. He truly cared for the girl from 5. In some ways he felt somewhat responsible for her.

𝐓hus begins the fourth stage of grief: Depression. "It's all my fault..It's all my fault.." He held his head as images of Quinn's face flashed in his head. The look of Betrayal drawn across her face. "S-she was gonna take it out but I..I" A strained sob escaped his lips realising just how badly he had messed up.

𝐍ot only had he gotten both Peeta and Quinn captured, but he had just signed both of their death sentences. Snow would make sure to have them bot tortured and killed. "She could've survived, she could've lived.." He cried as he sunk down into the wall. "It's not your fault kid-" Haymitch tried helping though failing miserably. "But it is! Quinn was MY mission! I was supposed to get her out!" He yelled fuming with rage and sadness. "Finnick, Listen to me. I understand what you're feeling right now, but I swear to you that we will get them back" Heavensbee placed both hands in the boys shoulders as he looked up to meet his gaze.

𝐅innick felt broken. He couldn't live with himself knowing what he had done. Even if she does survive would she forgive him? Who knows! What about Katniss huh? She'll never forgive him when she finds out he's the reason Peeta got captured. He felt helpless knowing there was nothing he could do to make things right. All he could do now was fight. He was determined to get her back. Even if he got killed doing so in the process.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:
𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬! 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝐊 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬!! 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐫!
𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕.
𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬!
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝟑-𝟒 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝟓.
𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫!!

|𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬..|