𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞 | 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐬

____________________________________

𝐄veryone soon evacuated the building

𝐄veryone soon evacuated the building. Everyone except the leeg sisters who refused to leave each other. The tar had hardened quickly so they didn't need to worry about leaving any footprints. As they exited the building everyone's eyes were focused on the dried tar that now coated the entire ground and the first level of the buildings. Quinn's head felt dizzy as she stared at Mitchell's mangled body that seemed to be caught in some sort of net. 'That could've been me..' She thought while recalling her little scrap with Peeta.

𝐇ad she been standing in front of the tar when he pushed her she would've faced the same fate as Mitchell. "You okay?" Finnick, who Quinn had forgotten was next to her, asked while placing a hand on her back. "I think I'm gonna be sick.." She made a face before returning the action and placing her own hand on his back. Gale led the group to a building across from the one they were previously in and everyone quickly piled inside. "Get these curtains closed!" Jackson ordered.

𝐓he sound of vehicles approaching is what drew Quinn's attention to the windows. She pulled back the curtain ever so slightly to catch a glimpse of outside. At least a hundred peacekeepers pulled up and were positioned outside of the building they had been in moments before. All of them began shooting at the building. "It's the leegs" Gales comment fell on deaf ears as Quinn was too focused on outside. They continued shooting until finally one pulled out what Quinn assumed was a rocket launcher and fired, causing the building to explode and come tumbling down.

𝐒adness was not a word to describe what Quinn felt. Perhaps pity was a better alternative. She didn't know the leegs well enough for their death to affect her but nevertheless it was still unfortunate. Everyone was interrupted from their thoughts once again, this time by a broadcast. Caeser Flickerman popped up on the screen and as unusual as it is, the first thing Quinn noticed was his hair. It hadn't changed a bit since she last saw him which was unusual given how frequent he would change it up.

𝐓he second thing she noticed was how pale he was. His voice lacked his usual spark. It was as if everything that came together to make Caeser Flickerman had vanished. Snow surely had something to do with. They were probably torturing him too, Quinn guessed. "Good afternoon, I'm Caeser Flickerman. Here with our continuing coverage of the defence of the Capitol" He announced while the squad gathered around the couches. "Today, as our Peacekeepers valiantly hold off the rebels, our story takes a surprising twist".

"𝐎h this should be good" Quinn muttered sarcastically. "Katniss Everdeen, our once favourite daughter, has infiltrated the city with some of the Victors whose names are all too familiar. Finnick Odair, Quinn Marshal, and Peeta Mellark" Finnick nudged the girls shoulder while shooting her a boyish grin to which she dismissed with a roll of her eyes. The broadcast then proceeded the show Peeta attacking both Katniss and Quinn and pushing Mitchell into the tar. "Hmm. Clearly some alliances don't last forever" Caeser commented causing a hateful glare to grow on Quinn's face.