𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

____________________________________________

𝐈t was a particularly cold afternoon in 13. Most people had kept to their rooms to stay out of the way. Quinn was sat upright on her terribly uncomfortable bed and was eyeing her not so appealing looking food and her tray. With a look of disgust on her face as she picked up the strange porridge looking mixture with her spoon and watched with displeasure as it slowly dripped back off.

"𝐀re you sure this is edible?" She furrowed her brows while turning to Haymitch who was sipping from his cup of tea while reading a book. "Best not to think about it too much" Was all he replied with before going back to what he was doing. Quinn held back a gag as she hovered the spoon beneath her nose, breathing in the repulsive smell of the so called 'food'. "God this is worse than the food in the arena.." She remarked while dropping the spoon onto the tray and pushing it away from her.

"𝐘ou're living in an underground bunker, it's the best your gonna get" The man retorted. "You know instead of complaining about your food, what you could do is make yourself useful and go for a walk and get your body working again" The nurse lady commented from her seat while giving the girl a look. "I think that's a fabulous idea!" Haymitch chimed with that familiar sense of sarcasm in his tone. 

"𝐘eah, no thank you. I am quite content on staying in this bed all day" The girl replied. "Oh come on, a walk would be good for you. You yourself stated how 'perfectly capable of walking' you were" He mocked as Quinn glared at him annoyingly. "Being able to walk and wanting to walk are two different things" She countered while readjusting her position, and Haymitch make a fake expression as if he was in deep thought. "Hm, I see no difference" He replied.

"𝐀tleast eat your food then" Said the nurse. "You've barely eaten anything since you got here the least you can do is eat your food" she added as Quinn glanced back at the bowl of food and gagged remembering the awful smell of it. "I think I'd actually rather die before I ate that.." She mumbled to herself. "It's good for you! Unless of course you'd prefer going for walk?" She questioned while giving Quinn a look and raising her eyebrow. "I'm sorry I don't remember asking for your opinion??" Quinn rudely responded while turning to face the older woman.

"𝐀nd yet you always seem to share it" She finished with a salty tone. "Well if you made better choices perhaps you would not need someone else's opinion all the time" The lady challenged with the same amount of fire in her voice. "Okay let's just—" Haymitch attempted to ease the conversation. "—You are incredibly annoying did you know that!?" The girl was now getting annoyed and agitated with the older lady's constant butting in. "You know I had nurse like you in the Capitol" Quinn began.

"𝐎h?" The nurse questioned with false interest, and an exaggerated tone. "Oh yes, wanna know what happened to her??" Quinn continued with an innocent voice. "I killed her, along with 7 peacekeepers who tried to detain me after I choked her to death" She smiled callously while watching the nurses expression turn nervous and she broke eye contact. "Okay OKAY, that's enough.." Haymitch yelled sternly as Quinn smirked at the ground feeling very pleased with herself.