--𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

__________________________________________________________________________________

𝐋aughter echoed in the distance as the 37 year old women stood on her back porch watching her children splashing in the water

𝐋aughter echoed in the distance as the 37 year old women stood on her back porch watching her children splashing in the water. Thirteen years had passed since the end of the rebellion and in that time Quinn had delivered four more children.

𝐓he first being Hera. A pretty young girl who had inherited all of her mothers youthful features. Rosy cheeks and an ocean of curly chestnut hair which Quinn often struggled to tame most of the time. Although, she had unfortunately also inherited her mother's rebellious spirit. She came not long after Finnick's 'resurrection', as Quinn liked to put it. In reality, he never really died. He was just buried deep underground. And when he did somehow get out, he managed 2 months on his own before being discovered by a team of soldiers and taken to the hospital, where he went into a coma for months before waking up.

𝐓hen came Aster who was currently battling her elder sister for the attention of her father. "But it's my turn!" Aster frowned. "No it's mine!" Hera shouted in return. "But you just had a turn!" The younger girl protested. "Yes, and I will have another! Because I am older and better than you!" Hera teased with a smug look on her face, which only angered her younger sister more. "Hera don't be mean. There's enough of me for everyone!" Finnick scolded, loud enough for Quinn to hear and raise a suggestive eyebrow, to which Finnick noticed and sent her smirk while she rolled her eyes back at him.

𝐀ster was a dark headed girl with deep green eyes like the colour of forest trees. Named after Quinn's favourite flower, Aster often occupied herself by running through fields of flowers or playing dress up in her mothers clothes with her sisters and getting reprimanded whenever Quinn would find a stain on one of her shirts. Quinn had noticed early on in Asters life that the girl hadn't looked much like either of her parents and instead looked more like her grandfather, Quinn's dad, Theo. Although the dimples on her little cheeks proved that she was most certainly her fathers daughter.

𝐍ext there was Oak. A brazen young boy with golden hair that fell perfectly against his little face. A boy who was always up to mischief. Pulling pranks on his parents such as pretending to drown in the water then getting salty if nobody cared, glueing or taping the kitchen drawers shut, or simply jump scaring his mother whenever he saw fit. And during the times that he wasn't terrorising his parents, it was his sisters he would target. It was only his elder brother Niko who never happened to be on the other end of these pranks.

𝐓he reason most likely being, Niko was the only child who inherited his mothers temper and often frightened his younger siblings with fake stories to keep them in check. The two were currently off riding waves and getting barrelled back to the shallow waters where their father and sisters played. Last but not least there was Mae. The littlest of all Quinn and Finnick's children. A sickly young girl born deaf in both ears leaving the family with the task of learning sign language.