𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱 | 𝐈𝐬 𝐈𝐭 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫?

____________________________________

"𝐐uinn let me come with you!" Johanna argued

"𝐐uinn let me come with you!" Johanna argued. Three days had past since the execution, today was the day Quinn finally got to go home. Well, not her home. She decided to move to district 4 into Finnick's old house. Her home in district 5 didn't exactly bring back good memories so she considered this a fresh start. She also thought it would help her feel closer to him in a way. She had some people move her belongings from district 5 to district 4 and now she was currently standing in the train station.

"𝐈'll be fine, stop worrying" Quinn waved dismissively while Johanna, who was trying to let her come with her to district 5, continued complaining. "You shouldn't be alone! Haymitch tell her!" She continued while Quinn glanced at Haymitch who was also there to see her off. "She's got a point..with the baby and your leg you're gonna need someone to take care of you" He pointed out. "No I don't! Look, jo, I appreciate your concerns but please, when have I ever needed taking care of?" Quinn assured. "Oh please, you're a ticking time bomb one step away from exploding!" Johanna scoffed.

"𝐎k fine, but I'm scheduling you weekly appointments with doctor Bennet to make sure everything's alright!" Haymitch began. "And, I'm sending a midwife to you when the Doctor Bennet says is necessary!" He added, prompting another groan from Quinn. "Jo?" She turned to Johanna whose eyes still flamed with disapproval. "Alright! Alright, but you still have to write to me so I know you're still alive?" She agreed before pulling Quinn into a hug. "Be safe" Johanna whispered. "You too" Quinn smiled before turning hopping onto the train.

***

𝐃istrict 4 was slightly farther from the Capitol then Quinn had expected. The memories from travelling there from her victory tour were close to forgotten. The first thing she noticed was how stunning the ocean looked. The view from her window showed the gorgeous background of the ocean covered by the terrain. The train soon pulled into the station and the moment she stepped out from it, she was greeted with a gentle breeze that instantly refreshed her. It wasn't hard to find the victors village, in fact it was oddly close to the train station. She had also written Finnick's address on the back of her hand so she would remember.

𝐃espite only carrying a single bag her bones still ached. Quinn was desperate for a bath. Desperate to scrub the dirt and grime off her body. Eventually, she stopped in front of a house that matched the address written on her hand. Her eyes scanned over the property, taking in every detail of the estate. It was beautiful, she had to admit. Much prettier than the Victors houses in district 5. Quinn let out a shaky sigh before continuing forward. There was a small porch at the entrance that made Quinn wobble in her steps as she walked up it. She hesitated outside of the front door and felt her stomach doing somersaults.

"𝐘ou can do this, you can do this.." Quinn took a deep before reaching for the handle and twisting it open. It was at that moment Quinn realised she didn't even have a key. Finnick must've forgotten to lock it after before the reaping, she thought. She dropped her bag at door while reaching to her neck and tugging at the scarf there before dropping it atop the bag. Inside was nice, nothing to get to excited about but nonetheless it had a bit of charm to it. Everything, from the furniture to the decorations looked the epitome of Finnick Odair. Seashells decorated side tables, the walls were painted blue like the ocean, it just felt so much like home.