𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

____________________________________________

𝐓he squad continued deeper through the underground tunnels for what felt like hours to Quinn

𝐓he squad continued deeper through the underground tunnels for what felt like hours to Quinn. Passing through sewerage water on the way, much to the girls disgust. Her feet ached from walking so long. She could feel blisters begin to form on her heels. She felt as if with every step she took, a new one formed. It was also oddly warm down there too, humid even. It was an uncomfortable kind of warm. The type of warm that made you feel chills run down your back. She was probably running her hand over her forehead every ten seconds to wipe the fresh beads of sweat, only to make room for more. The pair never left each others sides once . It was getting to the point of the mission where deaths became unpredictable. They both knew that either of them could be dead any second so they weren't taking any chances.

𝐄ventually the group entered a new tunnel where Jackson decided they would rest for now. "Alright everybody, we're gonna stop for a bit and get some rest, yeah?". You didn't have to tell Quinn twice. "I'll take first watch" Said the lieutenant while everyone settled down. "Hey Peeta? Just tuck in there" Finnick pointed to a spot on the end. Quinn sat next to Peeta, Katniss sat across from them and Finnick sat next to Quinn. "How you holding up?" He asked her. "As long as my feet don't fall off from all this walking I should be fine" She replied with a smirk. He smiled back at her before he tiredly leaned his head on her shoulder, and as exhausted as she was, she let him. Eventually she leaned her head atop of his and drifted off to sleep.

***

The tunnel was empty. Everyone had seemed to magically vanish. Quinn's head was too crowded with confused thoughts to comprehend what was happening. As she slowly stood from her seat, unaware of the music playing in the background. When she turned the scene changed. She was back in her family estate, except it wasn't how she had remembered. Parts of it were missing. Certain objects were longer there. It was her house, but it looked as if someone else were living there. As she rounded a corner, following the music that infiltrated her eardrums, a blonde headed boy zoomed past her.

It was then that she started hearing muffled voices in the distance and as she entered the living room, three people came into view. Her eyes widened when she realised who they were. Her mother, who looked heavily pregnant was rocking in a chair next to the window. Her father knelt next to her, caressing her belly, and the boy who she assumed must've been her brother stood with his little hands grasping the arm of the chair. "What'd you think Griffen? A sister or brother?" Her mother smiled widely. "Sissy, sissy!" Griffen replied shortly, causing Quinn to chuckle lightly. Her presence seemed to go unnoticed. It was as if she were invisible.

When she turned to look at the dresser next to them she recognised the record player with a CD playing. What a delicacy, a record player was a rare thing for one to acquire, especially in the districts. It was only after that did a thought come to mind. 'Is this when she was pregnant with me?' The girl thought. "Any name suggestions yet, love?" Lizbeth asked Quinn's fathers. "What about Quinn? Boy or girl I think it's a strong name, fit for a fighter" The man suggested. "Quinn..." Lizbeth whispered. "Quinn." She said more sternly. The action made the girl furrow her brows in confusion. Another voice was cutting through the dream. "Quinn" It repeated.