𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱 | 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐞

___________________________

Quinn's bare feet made no sound as they swept against the wooden floors of her home

Quinn's bare feet made no sound as they swept against the wooden floors of her home. The memory of how her family estate had looked before everything fell apart was hazy, but everything seemed to look perfectly normal in the moment. She didn't really know what was going on. She didn't really care. Her mind was leading the way for her. The front door opened with a loud creak, inviting the warm rays of sunshine into her home. The dark headed girl sat mindlessly at the foot of her porch, staring obliviously at the quiet scene ahead of her. "There you are Birdie!" A sing-songy voice called from inside the home.

As her head whipped around her eyes soon met the face of her mother. Birdie. A strange sense of deja vu washed over her as she recalled the nickname given to her by her mom. She looked younger than Quinn remembered. Quinn could tell she had just come from the kitchen based off the apron she wore and the way she wiped her wet hands on her jeans. Her skin looked even more radiant in the natural light. Her already golden hair reflected the sunshine perfectly. "What troubles you, dearest?" She asked her daughter. "The future" Quinn answered honestly. "How so?" Her mother said, taking a seat next to the girl.

"I'm afraid of the things it will bring. I'm afraid of the choices I'll have to make, of the choices I've already made" Quinn gulped down a cry while dropping her head to her feet which she saw were now inside of boots. As she lifted her arms she noticed she was now wearing a crimson coloured sweater and jeans with white mittens that warmed the tips of her fingers. The warmth of someone's hand touched her chin and she turned to meet her mother's gorgeous green eyes staring back at her. "My sweet girl," She smiled invitingly. "You are glowing" Her other hand dropped to Quinn's stomach as it rested atop of her newly swollen belly.

Quinn felt both confusion and understanding. Nothing of the situation was making sense, and yet at the same time everything did. "Do not fear for the future lovely, Make most of the present." Her mother tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and as she did a blue butterfly flew out. When Quinn looked back at her mother she realised her outfit had changed from her apron to a gown, the same gown she wore the day of her death. When she looked back down at her own outfit she realised she was now wearing a grey jumpsuit and her stomach had returned to normal.

She watched silently as her mother released her from her grasp and began walking towards the fields that had now appeared in front of her. "Wait!" Quinn called causing the woman to stop in her tracks. "Please don't leave me" She begged, tears threatening to escape from her eyes. As her mother turned to look at her one last time, looking as youthful as ever. "I will always be with you".

***

𝐐uinn woke with a jolt. Sweat coated her entire back as her hand flew to her heart in an attempt to calm it. 'Another dream' She thought. Quinn had been dreaming about her mother a lot recently. Each were slightly different, but all of them ended the exact same way. With her mother walking out into an endless field of flowers looking like a 21 year old version of herself and wearing the same gown she wore the day she was killed. It had been 5 years since the death of Quinn's mother, lizbeth. 5 years since Snow had taken her life. Her sweet, innocent life. Quinn understood why he did it, she just wished she could've been there to stop it.