𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

_____________________________________________________

𝐃ay soon turned to night and the group then gathered at the base of the lightning tree

𝐃ay soon turned to night and the group then gathered at the base of the lightning tree. Beetee was busy making some weird contraption with the wire. Quinn paced back and fourth anxiously. The heat was getting unbearable. Even with her torn body suit she was still feeling the affects of being trapped in what felt like a giant sauna.

𝐒he was pulled from her thoughts by a hand clasping onto hers. She didn't need to look to realise it was Finnick. "Take a breath, this plan will work" He reassured while pulling her onto the large rock he was sitting on. "Im not worried about the plan Finnick!" She snapped, aggravated by the weather. The boy from 4 grinned cheekily letting out an audible giggle. "What!" She huffed in annoyance as he continued giggling. "I'm sorry am I amusing you?". "It's funny when you're mad!" He replied. "You make this face" He began imitating her as she stared daggers into him.

𝐒he rolled her eyes at his stupid remarks while tucking her loose strand of hair behind her eyes. She started picking anxiously at her fingernails before Finnick quickly snatched her hand away. "Hey, enough of that" Finnick spoke as if telling off a child. He absentmindedly started drawing circles on the back of her hand to somewhat ease her distracted mind. Quinn allowed her body to relax as she sunk into her seat of the stone she sat upon. The two sat in silence before hearing the Panem anthem began to play.

𝐓he images of the previous fallen victors illuminated the sky. The girl turned to Finnick with a look of pity as Mags's face appeared 4th. She didn't bother counting how many this time around. The song then ended and Beetee started speaking. "Let's get started" He spoke as everyone gathered into somewhat of a circle. "Typically a lightning strike contains five billion joules of energy. We don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity when this hits" He gave somewhat of an explanation. "You three girls take this" He instructed while tossing Quinn the wire. "Unspool it carefully. Make sure the entire coil is in the water, you understand? Then head to the tree at the 2:00 sector, we'll meet you there.

𝐇e ordered as Finnick unconsciously took a step closer to the girl. "I'm gonna go with them as a guard" The boy from 12 immediately argued prompting a fed-up sigh from Quinn. "No, no, no. You're staying here to protect me, and the tree" The older man argued back. "No, I need to go with her" The younger boy retaliated as Quinn annoyingly pinched the bridge of her nose. "There are two careers out there, I need two guards". "Finnick can protect you just fine on his own" Peeta continued.

"𝐍o he can't, he may be good but he's not that amazing and against two careers I'm not sure he will like his odds" Quinn defended the boy standing beside her to which made him smile sheepishly. "Well why can't you stay here and Me, Peeta and Johanna can take the coil?" Katniss joined in. "So you can put an arrow through my head after we've killed the careers? No thanks." Johanna spoke in a sickly sweet sounding tone while tilting her head to the side, holding eye contact with the girl on fire.