𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

___________________________

"𝐎kay no peaking...." Haymitch guided a heavily pregnant Quinn up the flight of stairs. "I'm not gonna fall am I?" She asked cautiously while grabbing on to the railing. "No, no just keep walking" He ushered the same moment she almost tripped on one of the steps. She made a 'really?' sound before turning to face him, her eyes still shut. "You were saying?" She rolled her eyes despite them being closed. "Shush, just keep walking" The man continued as they rounded the corner towards the nursery.

𝐅or the past 7 hours everyone had joined in helping to set up Quinn's nursery, and after those 7 gruesome hours of Katniss yelling at Peeta, and Johanna cursing at instructions on how to build the frame of the cot, they were finally finished. Quinn could hear the sound of Katniss and Peeta bopping with excitement as she halted in front of the door. "Okay, before you open your eyes just know that we spent many hours working on this!" Katniss began while Clinging on to Peeta beside her. "Many hours!" He added, earning a knowing look from Katniss.

"𝐒o, while you're judging.. just make sure that I-if you d-don't like it—" The woman continued "-if you don't like it!" Peeta echoed. "Then just uh- T-try not to show it o-on your face??" She turned to everyone for approval as if she wasn't sure the wording of that sentence was right. "Whatever it looks like I'm sure I'll love it" Quinn reassured, prompting a sigh of relief from both Peeta and Katniss. "Or at least pretend too..." She mumbled that part. "Here it is!" Johanna opened the door, revealing the nursery.

𝐐uinn's mouth parted slightly at the sight of it. It was, really pretty. The walls were a nice shade of green, there were small little, beach ornaments scattered everywhere, and Quinn almost squealed when she saw a rocking chair in the corner of the room. Almost. "Now! I know you said to just keep it simple.. so we tried our best to do that" Peeta began. "Yes! And we wanted it to incorporate both district 4 and district 5 where you grew up so we added all the beach stuff, and painted the walls green like the meadow near you're old house!" Katniss exclaimed.

𝐐uinn was surprised they had even remembered that story she had told them about the meadow near her old house, which made it all that much more sincere. "—and the rocking chair was my idea!" Johanna cut in with a proud grin. Quinn instantly made her way over to it before takin a seat. "I love it!" She smiled widely. "This is a gift from me and Effie—who apologises for not being able to be here" Haymitch said while handing her a present. She made a curious face while ripping into the paper. Inside was penguin stuffed animal. "Thought it'll be nice for the kid to have" He shuffled awkwardly.

"𝐓hank you Haymitch" She smiled, bringing him into a side hug since normal hugs weren't really available you could say. "Thank you all for doing this for me! I doubt it would've turned out this good had I done it myself.." Quinn chuckled. "We did do pretty good" Johanna nodded in agreement before taking Quinn's seat on the rocking chair. "Also I'm NEVER doing this again, and I mean ever" She warned. "It was torture working with dumb and dumber over here!" She pointed at Katniss and Peeta. "You're the one who screwed on the shelves the wrong way!" Katniss protested. Cue the ninth argument of the day.