𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟕𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

_________________________

𝐓he next morning everyone woke up early and prepared to continue through the ruins of the Capitol

𝐓he next morning everyone woke up early and prepared to continue through the ruins of the Capitol. Boggs went through instructions and showed everyone the empty mags explaining how it's only for the propo. He gave the empty gun to Peeta effectively easing everyone's fears especially Katniss's.

"𝐋et's move, we're headed five blocks North" He stated and everyone began to clear out of the building. Quinn grabbed her gun and Finnick grabbed his trident, twisting it around his back while she watched with an unimpressed look. "Show off" She rolled her eyes as he sent one of his infuriatingly perfect smirks her way upon noticing her expression. "Here" Jackson said to the girl. "Give these to Peeta. Read them to him" The woman handed her some cards prompting an irritated sigh from Quinn.

𝐀s much as she cared for the bakers boy's recovery she really couldn't be bothered playing teacher right now. "Read these to Peeta" She said to Finnick while unapologetically shoving the cards into his hand before quickening her pace to join Katniss near the front. Finnick watched as she left him with the task with a dumbfounded look on his face. "To the citizens of the Capitol, our war is not with you" Finnick read and listened as Peeta repeated the words. "To the citizens of the Capitol, our war is not with you".

"𝐘ou will be a vital part of the democracy that follows our victory" Finnick read again. "You will be a vital part of the democracy that follows our victory" The boy finished. "You got it" Finnick smiled assuringly and Quinn dropped back to where the two were walking. "Are you gonna read me my lines too?" She asked mockingly with a grin on her face. "Only good girls get their lines read to them" He teased with a smirk. "Is that a challenge?" She continued playfully. "It can be" He leaned closer to her.

"𝐁oggs. This is a good spot" Cressida stated making Quinn and Finnick snap out of their flirty conversation. "Through there in the courtyard" She continued while everyone stopped to listen to her. "Ok, let us clear it" Boggs replied and continued forward. "Got a pod" He announced while the holo rapidly started beeping. "Split, take cover" Finnick grabbed the girls hand and guided her to one side of the large concrete archway with his other hand on Peeta's back. The two crouched down next to each other and waited anxiously for Boggs instructions. "Stay back" He warned before throwing a stone between the arch.

𝐈mmediately after he did so machine guns started firing in every direction. Quinn leaned into the wall, covering her ear with her hand while she shielded her stomach with the other. The first motherly instinct she'd felt since finding out she was pregnant. She hadn't even realised she was doing it until she looked down and saw her arm wrapped protectively around herself. When she looked over at Finnick she saw him giggling like a little boy and couldn't help rolling her eyes at his childish antics.