Chapter 6: Cross-examination?

"Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find Ms. Kraus' office?" asked Kathi the lady at the hospital's reception desk.

"Do you have an appointment?" asked the receptionist.

"No I don't. But she said she wanted to see me."

The receptionist looked at her for a moment. "Who can I sign up?"

"Just tell her her niece is here."

The receptionist reached for the phone. She said a few sentences into the receiver, then turned back to Kathi: "Ms. Kraus is waiting in her office. It is on the second floor. Room 214."

"Thank you for your help," Kathi said and made her way to her aunt's office.

She couldn't make sense of what her aunt wanted from her. When she had woken up, she had looked at her cell phone and had seen a text message from her aunt. She was supposed to come to the hospital, she wanted to discuss something, what had she not written, but she had written that Sarah should not find out about it. That made Kathi wonder, but she had followed the request. She had gotten ready in the morning and had made her way to the hospital.

Now she strode through the corridors looking for her aunt's office to finally find out what she wanted. She reached the door she was looking for. She knocked and a short moment later heard someone come in and enter the office.

Sarah's mother was sitting behind her desk and looked up as the door opened. She smiled at Kathi. It didn't seem like anything bad was the reason she was here.

"Hello Kathi nice of you to come. Does Sarah know you're here?"

Kathi shook her head.

"Good, please sit down." Sarah mother pointed to a chair in front of the desk.

Kathi sat down in the chair she had been directed to, then her aunt began to speak, "We haven't really had a chance to talk since you arrived. How was the arrival and how was the first evening with Sarah?"

Kathi briefly wondered if that was the only reason she should appear here. But it did seem a little strange to her.

"The arrival was quite nice, I had a quick coffee with Sarah yesterday, then I put my stuff away and we watched a movie and talked some more afterwards. Did anything happen? Surely you didn't ask me here in the strictest secrecy just to ask me that, did you?"

Helen Kraus grinned briefly and then said, "Hmmm, am I that transparent? Yes something did indeed happen. I ran into Sarah in the kitchen at 5:30 this morning. She seemed to be busy with something. She said she was worried about herself and whether what she was doing at school was right. That seemed very strange to me, she has never really thought about it as far as I can tell. So I wanted to know if anything happened yesterday? Did you say anything in particular to her that might have made her do that?"

Kathi had a suspicion why Sarah's strange behavior could be explained, but she thought it wiser not to lose anything about it, not for her sake, but because of Sarah. If Sarah was indeed going through some kind of change because she had revealed her secret to Sarah, then maybe everything should settle down first and Sarah should be able to deal with this change and not be directly pressured.

"No there's nothing going on. Maybe she'll just come to her senses in the relationship."

"Kathi I'd like to believe that, but I've been trying for years to get her to think about it, so far I've had the feeling that I'm falling on deaf ears. When she saw Sarah this morning, I was worried, she seemed to have an inner conflict with her. I've never seen her like that. So I'll ask you again, did anything happen?"

"No nothing definitely happened." She looked her aunt straight in the eye and waited for a reaction.

A few seconds passed until she spoke up, "Kathi," she said in a serious tone, "I hope you realize that I'm going to find out what's keeping Sarah so busy, right? So if you should know anything, you'd better tell me now before I find out some other way sometime."

Kathi shifted restlessly in her chair. She felt the diaper she had put on this morning before heading to the hospital. She was undecided if she should say something or not or if it was even a good idea to come here. Her aunt was still looking at her, waiting for an answer.

Sarah woke up and stretched in her bed. The sun was shining through the window. She sat up. It seemed to be noon already. She had actually fallen asleep after all she had been through. She wasn't sure if she wouldn't dream again. She put her hand under the covers. She felt plastic between her legs. So she was indeed wearing the diaper Kathi had given her.

"Then it wasn't all a dream. What luck!" she spoke into the room.

She wanted to know more about the whole diaper issue. She really needed to get more information from Kathi. Is she awake yet, she wondered. She listened to see if she could hear anything, but the whole house was silent. She realized she had to go to the bathroom. Should she use the diaper she was wearing, she asked herself inwardly. She wasn't sure. She quite liked wearing a diaper, at least if she wasn't just imagining it, but should she use it? She knew that it wouldn't be long before she would start another endless chain of thoughts and thus probably never come to a conclusion. Most of all, she was curious about how a used diaper would feel when worn. Maybe everything would go back to the way it was before and she wouldn't enjoy wearing any anymore because she might find the feeling uncomfortable.

"Boah, can't I turn off and just do anything without thinking about it all the time?" She exclaimed, then suddenly remembered school.

There she had only had so many visits to the principal for that reason, there she had not philosophized endlessly about things, but had simply done what came to her mind.

"That's enough thinking about what I should or shouldn't do." she said to herself and leaned back.

She tried to relax as best she could. She felt the pressure on her bladder, but not one drop wanted to leave her body. No matter how hard she concentrated, nothing happened.

Suddenly, someone knocked on her door. She was startled and the contents of her bladder emptied into her diaper and slowly spread inside. The diaper was now nice and warm and somehow Sarah enjoyed the feeling even more than before, but it still felt strange. There was another knock.

"Kathi? Is that you?"

"No it's me, can I come in?" asked her mother's voice from the other side of the door.

Sarah remembered her dream, but in her dream the door had just burst open and her mother had rushed into the room. Now it was different. Sarah didn't know what her mother was doing home at this hour, but really it couldn't bode well.

"What do you want from me?"

"Sarah I need to talk to her and I need to talk to her now."

Sarah wasn't sure if it was a wise idea to invite her mother in, but sooner or later she would take Sarah aside for whatever reason and talk her into it, so why not right now.

"Yeah ok come on in."