Chapter 41: Tit for tat!

Sarah had said goodbye to Svenja in the late afternoon and had gone home. In the evening she had had the opportunity to talk with Kathi and Sandra again, even if both were rather taciturn, which was apparently due to Sandra's lack of sleep, Sarah noticed, even if Sandra would never have admitted it. She hoped that her best friend would get more sleep that night. Kathi was apparently physically fit again, at least it seemed so. Sarah didn't even want to imagine what kind of chasm she was hiding deep inside. Her mother had been talking to all kinds of authorities all day and had informed the most important authorities that Kathi was with them, so at least no one needed to look for her and apparently no one seemed to have any problem with her staying for the time being. Unfortunately, she hadn't been able to talk to Sandra's father yet, since he apparently had a court date that had lasted for quite some time, and in the evening Helen didn't want to disturb him anymore, even though she could have called him without any problems.

After a small dinner Kathi and Sandra quickly disappeared again. Sarah also noticed that the last night was probably too short again and went shortly after the two also into her room and lay down in bed. A short time later she fell asleep.

Sarah suddenly felt warm sunbeams on her face and opened her eyes. She was lying on the lounger in the garden. She was wearing her sunglasses so that the sun's rays did not blind her. It was a pleasant sunny summer day, just like pretty much every day in the current season. The few rainy days there had been so far were not worth mentioning. She put her feet on the floor to the left and right of the couch and sat up. Everything seemed normal. Too normal, actually. Slowly she developed a sense of whether she was dreaming or not. She was sure she was caught in one of her dreams again. She looked at her hands. Everything was normal as usual. So she was the older one again. Great, she thought to herself in joyful anticipation of meeting herself again. The younger Sarah took her time and didn't show up. Somehow Sarah didn't feel like looking for her either. She leaned back and sunbathed again. To her right was a table with her cigarettes on it. She reached out and lit one of them. She wondered with each passing minute that no other Sarah showed up. Did she have to worry? What a bullshit, she thought right in the next moment, as if you had to worry about a creature in your head. She just wanted to wait and do nothing, just enjoy the here and now and forget everything bad for a moment. She put out the cigarette and closed her eyes. Without realizing it, she dozed off.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" she asked a voice to her left. A moment later, Sarah heard a lighter. She opened her left eye and looked to the side. There, sitting on a couch suddenly next to her, was her younger self. For once, this time it seemed surprisingly friendly compared to usual. The sun's rays lost some of their intensity, so that Sarah could now see something without being blinded by sunglasses. She straightened up and sat down on the couch, looking at her younger self.

"You took your damn time today didn't you?" the older girl asked.

"Oh come on be honest somehow you missed me be honest." said the younger one.

"Well, I think you're exaggerating a bit about missing me, don't you? Can you tell me why I am now the normal Sarah again and not the nine year old Sarah? And since when are you so kind to tell me?" she replied to the younger one.

"Hey wait a minute. I may not have been the most affable part of your personality in the past, but let's just not get into that right now yes." the younger girl explained.

"You're making it pretty easy on yourself. You've been quite a beast, if I may say so, and that's still a very humane description and you still haven't told me what the role reversal nonsense is all about." the older one replied

"Yes as I said, let's just leave that in the past please and the role reversal, that's more or less on my crap." she explained further.

"So you did continue to screw me over or what? That was so clear." the older woman said angrily.