7- It's You!!

Jeff's mind is puzzled.

JEFF'S POV_

Why I'm unlucky? Why they have to do this with me. How am I supposed to marry someone whom I don't even know. I have to do something. I just can't let it happen. I must do something.

The whole day Jeff locked himself in his room. His mother and Biu tried their best to convince him but no use. He didn't even take his food.

But among all the chaos he's missing only one person. Of course it's him. Sumett. Jeff just can't stop thinking about him and he doesn't want to.

Because he's the one whom understand his feelings better than anyone.

The full moon lighten up Jeff's empty room but what about his heart. No one is here to calm down the Strom inside him.

Jeff is feeling so lonely. Suddenly Biu knocked the door and gives a leaflet under the door.

"Sorry buddy but your Pa wants you to see the picture of your fiancé. I'll meet you tomorrow. Bye."

Jeff can't blame his best friend though. He takes it and about to open but his hands are shaking. He just throw it in a corner of his room.

He doesn't want to see the person whom is trying to distroy his life.

When he's about to sleep he noticed his phone. Several calls from Sumett and msgs too.

He wants to talk but he doesn't reply or gives a call. He just sleep.

One week passed. The whole week Jeff rarely talked with anyone. Sumett called him each day but Jeff didn't pick up the calls.

Engagement day_

Everyone is preparing for the engagement party. Jeff's father's business partners their family friends everyone is invited. It's a dual engagement ceremony for both Apo and Jeff.

Everyone is happy and cheerful expect from Jeff. The guests start coming.

Apo and Jeff's soon to be in laws already arrived. Jeff is in his room. He dressed nicely and slight make up on his face. He's looking gorgeous.

His mom comes to his room.

"Son... Everyone is waiting for you. Please come down."

Jeff just nodded and followed his mom. When he's walking down from the stairs everyone's eyes are on him.

His head is bowed down. He doesn't even look around. His mom leads him to meet with his in-laws first.

He humbly shows them respect.

"Son meet your fiancé."

Jeff faces the other one in front of him. As their eyes met Jeff felt like his whole world fall apart.

"Sumett!"

There eyes stuck for few minutes. Jeff's mind went blank for few moments. He's now foaming in anger.

He urged to his mom.

"Mom, can I talk with my fiancé in private? I want to know few things about him."

"Sure dear."

"Please follow me.... Mr. Sumettikul."

The other one just nodded and silently followed him.

Jeff locked the door and silently sit down on the couch. Few minutes in silence. The other one is standing still.

"You're my fiancé... And soon to be husband... You... It's you, Mr. Wichapas Sumettikul.... But... Why?"

"Jeff..."

"You know me from the first. You just pretend not to know me. Being my friend and your concern was just a trap to impress me, right? You though you can make me fall for you like this?... Hugh... Honestly it worked a little. I thought you could also be a good friend of mine but... you also betrayed me. I know my father was planning about my marriage for a long time. I know him very well.... But my question is why me? Why you want to marry me?"

"Jeff... Please believe me... I didn't know that my parents were planning about my marriage. I got to know after I got home. I called you many times but you didn't pick up."

"Don't blame it on me. You can broke the marriage but you didn't. Why?"

"Because... I... Like you and I want to marry you but I want you to love me back first. I didn't know anything about this. Believe me."

"Love me! You. Love. Me. Then why did you have to hide that you didn't know me? You don't love me. You love your shitty business that's all."

"Jeff please listen to me. It's not what you're thinking."

He went closer to Jeff and slightly tried to touch Jeff's arm, to calm him down. But Jeff pushed him away and slapped him.

"Don't touch me. From now on... We're nothing but strangers. Listen Mr. Sumettikul... I'll let this engagement happen as well I'll marry you too but... You can't expect anything from me neither do I. We'll live under one roof but you'll have no right over me. I don't even want to think of you as a friend. Because you have to spend your whole life with someone who's never gonna love you back. Mind it."

Suddenly a knock on the door.

"Jeff... Son... Come out. Everyone is waiting."

"Coming Mae... You go first. I'm coming."

The other one takes a deep breath with sadness in his eyes and silently leave the room. Jeff comes out within a few minutes with a stable expression on his face.

His father announced their name and they exchange their rings. Sumett's hands were shaking as he knows Jeff's anger .

Everyone congratulate them. Everyone is happy expect from Jeff and Sumett.

Jeff is feeling betrayed and also angry upon himself because he again trust someone whom betrayed him.

Sumett is feeling guilty and disappointed because he should have cleared everything with his family about this marriage first.

Both don't know what the future holds for them.

•••••••