Let Me Know You Better (1)

She knew she had to act fast. Time was running out. Only 5 weeks left.

5 fucking weeks.

Minji stared at the white door in front of her, she sighed in frustration, her hand came up and knocked.

She didn't wait long.

The door opened, revealing a pajama-clad Hanni, the young woman's face showing shock and confusion, her mouth parted and closed at the sight of her boss in front of her, at 8am, on Saturday.

Minji pushed open the door and walked in, Hanni immediately shifted her body to the side, her eyes still widening.
Minji took off her shoes and stepped into the living room, her eyes wandering around.

This shorty's apartment was very small, not even one-third of her penthouse.

But this place smelled like her, a smell that calmed her down.

Hanni closed the door and approached her hesitantly.

"Miss Kim....what's the matter? Why are you here?"
Hanni still couldn't believe that her boss was standing inside her apartment right now.

There must be something important going on, or could it be that she did something wrong but she didn't realize it? She had finished all her work yesterday, what was it?

Minji took off her jacket and threw it on the sofa, "What do you like?" she asked.

Hanni furrowed her brows, what?

"I don't understand Miss?" she was completely puzzled.

Minji exhaled loudly, she stood up and walked over to Hanni, standing towering over her.

"Here's the rule Pham, I ask, you answer, not the other way around. I don't like to repeat myself, do you understand?"

Hanni nodded quickly. But then her brow furrowed, "Your face is still swollen a lil bit, does it still hurt?" she asked.

"I'm the one asking Pham, not you."

Hanni shut her mouth.

Minji took something out of her pants pocket, a small folded paper. Hyein wrote it for her last night.

She opened it, her eyes reading the words, "What's your favorite food?" she started.

"Bread, meat."
Minji looked at her coldly, "Which one?"
"Bread, meat, both. I like all foods."

"Favorite things to do?"
"Watching movies, walking at night."
"Walking at night? What are you? A ghost?"
"Where's the harm? Walking while looking at the moon or around, it's beautiful and relaxing."

Minji scoffed.

"What's your ideal place for a date?"

Hanni's mouth dropped open.
What? The ideal place for a date? Was this devil about to ask her out?

Minji looked at Hanni who was looking at her with her eyes and mouth wide open, this idiot looked even more stupid.

But that barefaced...how can it looks so cute and beautiful at the same time?

Minji threw the paper on the floor, "This is a waste of time." she growled, she felt angry.

"What's really going on Ms. Kim?"

"Change your clothes."

"What? Why?"

Minji ran her fingers through her hair in frustration, "Just do what I ask Pham!" she snapped.

Hanni was silent, she clenched her fists.

"You come to my place this early unannounced, act weird and yell at me. We're not in the office, this is my house, I can kick you out!" she shouted.