The Vows and The Heirs (1): Devoted To You

Minji raised her head when she realized someone was standing in front of her desk.
Mrs. Kim stood looking at her, her eyebrows furrowed and then backed down, she looked like she wanted to say something.

The CEO put down her pen, "Yes, Mom?"

Where is Hyein? Why didn't she tell me that Mom was coming?

The middle-aged woman placed her handbag on Minji's desk, "I allowed you to visit Hanni, NOT to take her home." She folded her arms in front of her chest.
Minji removed her glasses, "You didn't make it clear that I couldn't take her home. She's my wife, and we've been separated for a week."

Mrs. Kim narrowed her eyes, "Don't talk as if you don't remember what happened back then so that I had to take her away. You should know that you need my permission if you want to take her home. And now that she's working in her room, why don't you tell her to stay home while she's pregnant?"

Minji sighed.

I need to come up with a good answer.

"Well Mom, first of all, I'm sorry for taking her home without your permission, but I miss her so much..."
"That's your consequence for acting out without using your brain." Mrs. Kim interrupted her daughter.

"Right, yes, I know that, thank you." Minji replied in exasperation.
"And you should apologize to that tall cutie."
"I'll do it later."
"You better."
"Can I continue with my words?"
"Of course, dear."

Minji rubbed her forehead.
"Alright..and I realized that I can't live without her, and I have to change. We talked about it together, and I promised to do better, I don't want to lose her."
"Only her?" Mrs. Kim pouted, "You know that with your nature, you can also make other people not want to..."

Minji rolled her eyes, "Okay okay, I don't want to lose you guys either." She immediately interrupted her mother.
Mrs. Kim was silent for a moment, she then smiled widely, "That's what I wanted to hear." She walked towards Minji while stretching her arms, "My sweet daughter, I love you."

Oh man, she's back to her usual self.

Mrs. Kim bent her body and hugged Minji tightly, "I believe in you." She whispered softly while kissing her temple.
She then straightened up and stroked Minji's hair, "Because if you still can't change that behavior of yours, I will take Hanni to live with me and your grandfather, and you won't be able to see her anymore." She smiled sweetly and pinched Minji's cheek.

Minji could feel her guts shrinking.

She cleared her throat and nodded her head, "You have my word mom."

Mrs. Kim clasped her hands, "Good! Now tell Haerin to come here, I want to ask about her wedding preparations, it's in two weeks. And ask her to bring that sweet candy too."
"Mom..." Minji glanced at her mother in annoyance, "Why don't you just call her or go to her office."

"Wouldn't it be nice if we talked together? I want it that way."

Her manner was sweet as always but her tone sounded like a threat. Her demeanor had changed lately, she seemed more unpredictable.

The mafia blood in her was definitely on fire.

Minji decided not to argue with her mother, she pressed the blue button on her intercom lazily.
"Yes Minji Unnie?" Came Danielle's distinctive cheerful voice.
Minji furrowed her brows at the words.
"Danielle, is Haerin in her office?"
"Yes, she is."
"Please send her here, Mom wants to talk to her. You come too Marsh."
"Right away Unnie."
Minji furrowed her brows again, why did this chatty person suddenly call her like that?