Let Me know You Better (2)

Her watch showing 4pm, Minji took a sip of her water, she looked at Hanni who was still asleep on the sofa.

The woman grunted, she then pushed Hanni's toe with her foot, she did it several times until the shorter one moved.

Hanni only moved to reposition her head on the sofa cushion.

Minji pushed Hanni's toe again, harder. The Vietnamese mumbled incoherently, and that was that.

Minji stood up and walked over to Hanni, looking into her face, "Pham." she called.

Hanni still did not move. Minji touched the woman's cheek, very springy and soft.
Minji closed her eyes, resisting the urge to touch other parts of Hanni's body.

She then lowered her head, "Pham Ngoc Han." she whispered in her low voice in Hanni's ear, her hand moving to gently touch Hanni's half-open lips.

Hanni slowly opened her eyes.

Minji pulled her hand away and straightened up.

"Wake up, I'm hungry."

Hanni's eyes opened wide at the voice, she pulled the blanket off her body.

Blanket?

Hanni looked over, Minji was standing in front of her, folding her arms in front of her chest, "I'll give you five minutes to get ready." she said.

Hanni got up from the sofa with a slight stagger as she was still sleepy and almost bumped into Minji. How could she be the one asleep on the couch and Minji sitting on the opposite couch?

She walked towards her kitchen, grabbed a glass and filled it in the dispenser. She drank it and made her way to her bedroom. 20 minutes later she came out and walked to the hanger standing by the door, putting on her coat.

"I'm ready Miss." she said.

Minji stood up from the couch, grabbed her jacket and walked over to Hanni, standing facing her, looking at her.

"Are you dolled up again?" she asked,
"My makeup is the same as before." Hanni replied.
Minji observed her.

Hanni averted her eyes, waiting nervously.

Minji then put on her jacket and walked towards the door, Hanni breathed a sigh of relief slowly, she then followed Minji.

----
****

The white Maybach had been in the parking lot for five minutes, the few people inside the place observing it because there was never a car as luxurious as that there.

Minji scanned the fried chicken restaurant in front of them.

"You said I could pick our dinner place." Hanni said in a small voice, she glanced at Minji.

Did the grumpy one dislike eating at a mediocre restaurant?

Minji turned off the car engine, "I did." she said, she then opened her door and got out of the car, Hanni followed her.

They entered the restaurant, "My dear." a stocky half-aged woman approached Hanni and held her arm while smiling warmly, "Ajumma." Hanni bowed her head.

"You brought a friend, that means I have to prepare two portions tonight." the woman smiled, "She's pretty, is she your special friend?" she whispered. Hanni smiled awkwardly, "Uum...", "Yes, I'm her date." said Minji suddenly.

Hanni's eyes widened staring at her boss, the woman chuckled, "Gosh, you guys are so adorable, come sit down." she pulled Hanni's arm to a table in the corner of the room, Minji followed them.