Chapter 1

Walking out of the jewelry store I was trying to concentrate on the conversation my Mumma and Dadisa are having

Walking out of the jewelry store I was trying to concentrate on the conversation my Mumma and Dadisa are having. No one can say that they are not mother-daughter their relationship has never been like a typical Indian Mother-In-Law and Daughter-In-Law and I crave a similar relationship when I get married in a Day.

Someone called my name "Shivanya!" I suddenly stopped but before I could turn around a body collided with mine making me stumble. I regained my balance, Madhav Bhai Sa looked at me and gave me a heartfelt smile "Arey dhyan se Shivanya abhi gir jati."
("Oh careful Shivanya, you would have fallen by now.")

I would not have stumbled if you were not so focused on the phone.

But what can I say he already took a break from his business and is managing everything from his phone. His presence means a lot to Me. So I kept my thoughts to myself and ignored my elder brother.

Looking around to see the source of the voice and I know who it is, I just can't find her. There was a tap on my shoulder making me startled. She was now standing right in front of me
" How did the last-minute wedding preparations are going on ?" and She started bombarding me with questions. Which I was hardly able to answer so all the questions were directed to my Mumma and Dadisa.

It was Ridhima Aunty by their best friend's mother. Ex because her daughter Sapna and I are no longer friends No hard feelings but time and distance make you lose touch. Since I don't force any kind of relationship.

Shouldn't a relationship be effortless?

Since her daughter and I went to the same school one can say that we were quite close but not now and after passing out of school we both never made efforts to stay in touch.

After answering almost all her questions, the four of us bundled up in the car with bhai sa behind the wheel as we left for home. It feels quite weird that a place where I spent the entire 23 years of my life will not be the place where I will spend the rest of my life and just thinking that I will be treated as a guest in my own home makes me want to cry my eyes out. Tears welled in my eyes and I made sure not to make eye contact with anyone because if my Mumma saw me crying she would start crying and Bhai Sa who is two years older than me would start teasing me the second we entered our house. He is not very fond of Rohan my fiance.

Papa and Dadosa were eating lunch when we reached home seeing me a smile spread on their face, I and Madhav sat for lunch. With everything from eating our food together to talking to my Mumma while we both cooked together and bickering with Madhav on every small thing a wave of loss and nostalgia hit me but my thoughts were interrupted when Papa's phone rang before he received the call I had a glance at the phone and saw my uncle name flashing on the screen, I carefully observed his expression. When he ended the call there was a sudden shift in his mood but I know better not to play with fire. No one messes with him when he is not in a good mood. But as his daughter I never faced his wrath he loves me dearly but will never say it typical Indian father but he is too good as compared to the father figure I know.

My mother is the total opposite of my father, all sunshine and rainbows with a bubbly personality. But they both complement each other.

My Dadosa Raghuveer Singh Ranawat is the best grandfather but he can be a little or I can say he is overbearing and protective to a level that can be sometimes irritating. And everyone in our family knows it's better to not indulge him in chit-chat when his mood is not good or when he is angry something that's a common trait in the Ranawat Men.

The second dados left the dining table
Mumma constantly started talking about the marriage preparations that were in full swing. She is very excited about my wedding.

A wedding for which I am not at all excited. Too nervous to even think about what the future holds for us. I can count on one hand the number of times we talked on the phone.
How can I imagine my future with someone with whom I barely talk?

Me and Rohan got engaged one month ago in a private ceremony and met only once. And were barely able to make a conversation with our chaperones by our side. He didn't look quite excited but what can I say about him when I was too nervous and went on doing the ring ceremony on autopilot mode? And again my nerves got over me. But still, I found it quite uneasy when the conversation didn't go even half as I expected.

Later the evening sun was casting a long shadow on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the cold November sky and all the objects of nature were put at an alarming appearance. I looked around the Haveli My Home I have memories in every nook and corner of this house and tomorrow morning we will be leaving for the resort where the wedding will be held. In just two days I am getting married !! Still can't believe it.

◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾

Thanks for reading.

I hope you like it please do share your views in comments.

And Reactions to the story I would appreciate it.

Did you like our Female lead? do let me know in the comments.

SASHA