Chapter 22

Hii Dear Gentle Reders

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.

Happy Reading. 🤗

I had a lot to catch up and my entire schedule is packed with meetings, calls and urgent paperwork

"Sir Mr Malhotra is on the call do you want him to wait." My Secretary sound hesitant.
"Just connect me with him." I replied with a sigh, never in my entire life I was ever eager to go home and it's just afternoon.
As soon as I am done with the call my secretary come up with more work.

I certainly need to learn how to balance my personal and professional life otherwise everything I worked my ass off will be screwed.

"And these are the documents of our new deal , their are some points that the financial team have a problem with before signing the deal." He looks worried I listen to him while reading the contract.

"Tell them it's the lowest we can offer if they don't want it then so it be. Start looking for possible interior design company if they refuse. " If they think that they can make unnecessary demands then soon they will lose the contract.

I went through my email and invitations. Their is a charity event at the end of this week in Ajmer , Seventh Anniversary of My Hotel , The Brotherhood Club gathering after that, the Indian economic business Expo award ceremony at the end of this month before New Year and last but not the least the rescheduled Art Auction In January. Mean the entire month will be overtime. Thank goodness their is no business trip.

It's not that I haven't pulled out a night or two when work load gets too much. But now I just want to spend some time with my Jaan. I would have laughed my ass off if one month before someone would have said that I miss my wife.

I asked the doctor to check her once more and he gave a green signal that everything is fine. I wanted to be there but got stuck in the meeting. It's good that Dadisa was their and kept me updated.

My mind quickly drift to last night ,a smile spread on my face. She should have told me that she is scared of horror movies . I know that she was scared but a sick part of me was relieved that it was me she hid behind, me whom she hugged tightly through out the movie.
She will choose the movie next time.

It's already eight when I glance at the clock but the document need my immediate attention but I told her that I will be back early. I should not promise something that I can't keep. I call her and she picks up in the second ring.

" Hello " Her voice giving some much needed relief.

"Did you made the dinner. " I asked hoping that she refuse.

"No but I was about to , is their something specific you want to eat." Yes! I say mentally rolling the paperweight in one hand to keep focused. I am feeling oddly nervous I never asked anyone for a dinner.