2- The Offer

I got up out of bed, took the stick out and walked to the wardrobe. I picked out an outfit with a plain black shirt with dad on the front and outline of him and his parrot Iago, ripped baggy jeans with fishnets under, a leather red and black jacket with spikes and platform boots. I also put some fingerless gloves on, I always wear my red leather ones now, to cover my knuckles.

 I also put some fingerless gloves on, I always wear my red leather ones now, to cover my knuckles

I went to find Jay and saw him with his bag at the front door, waiting for me.

I walked over to him with a little limp but tried to hide it. He saw it though.

"Why are you limping?" He asked concerned. He doesn't come home at night anymore, he always stayed at the hide out so he wouldn't have to face dad's wrath. Little did he know, he now inflicted it on me but twice the pain.

"N-nothing, I just... twisted my ankle! Yeah..." I said hesitantly, I was a really bad liar and I knew it.

"Nai, tell me." He said in a stern tone that made me flinch.

"Nai? Are you ok? What did he do?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"JJ, just drop it!" I said angrily, "it doesn't matter anymore, once you go I can leave." I said angrily leaving the house and jumping on a roof.

"Leave? What do you mean leave?" He asked as we started hopping across roofs to get to the big car that was picking them up, it was harder than usual but I got used it the pain and ignored it.

"I mean leave the person we call 'dad', you were the only thing keeping me in that place, plus he keeps threatening to disown me if -" I stopped talking as I remembered what he threatened, "never mind" I sighed.

"No tell me! If he what?" He said nails digging into his palm.

"Ok but... please don't tell him ANYTHING I told you. Ok?" He didn't answer, "Ok?" I asked again more determined to get an answer.

"Fine!" He said and held out his pinky. I hooked it with mine and sighed again. Even pinky promises hurt.

"He said as soon you leave... he'll kick me out if I refuse to do something like help with the shop or let him... take his anger out. " I said not meeting his eyes. I could tell that he was shocked. "He hates me you know! Just because of my mother and I don't even know who that is!"

"Nai... do you want to leave?" He said. I think he was feeling guilty because he left me there.

"Well yeah. I mean he treats me horribly. He's kinda the reason I'm limping" I say as I roll up my sleeve and showing my bruises. Now he was definitely feeling guilty, good.

He hugs me but I wince in pain. "Sorry, ribs hurt" I said looking down.

"Ok, well we are here, and hey," he said and lifted my chin, "look at me, I promise you that we will be back in let's say... 6 days? If not most a month ok? And if you ever need, you can move into the Hide Out."

"You promise?" I say hopefully.

"I pinky promise" he says as he takes his pinky out and hooks with mine.

"Ok"

He walks over to the car, takes his beanie off and steals the little ornament of a crown at the front of the car. He brings me to the car to say bye to everyone but the guard stops me.

"Sorry little girl, you can't get in." He said looking at me disgusted.

"I'm not trying to get in, dipshit. I'm trying to say good bye to my friends and brother." I say, challenging him. He definitely didn't expect a response, guess people are "well behaved" in Auradon.

He peaks in the car and I smirk in victory. They all come and wish me a good birthday and promise that they would be back. As soon as I finished my hug with Jay, I feel something in my pocket. As I watch the car drive off, I realise that he put the crown ornament in my pocket and I hold onto it tight.

I leave the square and go back to dads place, fast. I grabbed my already packed bag with all my stuff and food and was going to leave the house to get to the hide out. I looked back and remembered how I hated this place, I quickly walked into Jays room and stole a chain and a few things he left. I put them in the bag and realised dad was just outside. So I opened the window and jumped out, swinging from the pipe above it to the roof and flipped from roof to roof. I heard screams behind me, I had to ignore them, I knew they were dads.

It hurt like hell but I dealt with it. I jumped down from one of them near the hide out, grabbed a rock, and threw it at the 'WARNING FLYING ROCKS' sign. It opened the caged door and I entered. I hopped onto Jays bed and started drawing until I saw a familiar face. Harry Hook, but with Gil and... UMA?! Ugh they got desperate. I quickly ran to the lever and pulled it to lock the door.

"Oh Naomi~" she sang in a sing song voice to the window, "I know you can hear me. I have a proposition! Join my crew as my 2nd Mate and we'll protect you AND give you a home!"

Dammit! I need that but I wasn't going to let Jay down. So if he didn't come back after a month I decided I would. I walked down to the 2nd set of stairs and jumped out the back and slid down a chain. I walked around the corner to face them, they all looked confused about how I was there but didn't bother to ask.

"Ok, Uma." I said. She celebrated too early. "IF! Jay and the others don't come back in a month, then I will join your crew but I want a better title."

"Why a month?" She said confused and choosing to ignore my second part.

"Because. I promised I would wait that long for him, and you of all people should know about promises." I say rising and eyebrow.

"Deal!" She put her hand out for me to shake.

"Ah ah ah! I said I want more than 2nd Mate too!" I say, trying to negotiate.

"Well I already have a first mate." She points at Harry, he smirked at me, "but I suppose having joint 1st mates may be fun, especially with both of your talents..." at this Harry looked offended. He didn't know what my talent was. I was going to show him. "Fine! That's fair." She said convincing herself.

"Deal!" I shook her hand and 'accidentally' stumbled into all of them. "Oops! Sorry" I ran back and waited for them to realise what I did. I stole: Uma's shell necklace, and replaced it with a piece of string with a very light rock on it; Harry's Hook, and replaced it with a small carrot since he still had one with a handle; and Gild wrist band and replaced that with a piece of seaweed.

"OI! GIMME MY HOOK BACK LASSIE! NOW!" I heard a man with a heavy Scottish accent following me.
"AND MY NECKLACE AND GILS WRISTBAND!" I heard Uma yell and run after me with Harry and Gil. I just laughed and climbed on the roofs until I reached their ship and put all the items in the tunnel in cloth then ran for my life.