17- Uma and Cotillion p2

Murmurs we're all around, and Mal gasped. So did I, I put a shocked, hurt and confused face on as Jay and Carlos looked at me.

Ben walked up to meet her and grabbed her hand, helping her down the stairs. Mal gasped again, and I looked disheartened and disgusted. She was wearing the teal dress I gave her and she put her, usually tangled, hair in a bun.

They got to the bottom and faced each other, Ben took one of Uma's hands and kissed it, I realised she was wearing his ring. Everyone gasped and I just showed shock and confusion with a hint of anger.

To make it believable, under my breathed out, "what is she doing?" Just loud enough so the VKs could hear.

Uma let out a pathetic giggle and they walked towards us. Ben said to Mal, "I'm sorry.. it all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma." He said, then he looked at Uma, "a connection." They looked at each other with a big grin.

Mal was about to cry, "wha- what are you saying?" She asked. I was felling a bit guilty seeing her like that, but this was revenge after all.

"I'm saying.." Ben started but was cut off by Uma saying.

"It was Love!" She said dreamily.

I looked at her confused. She carried on, good, it's working.

"It's just... I realised how alike Ben and I are. You know?" She said looking back to Mal and Ben.

"We are" Ben said looking into her eyes.

Uma giggled and said, "I know!"

"You're so beautiful" he said to her.

"Ben?" Mal tried. They ignored her, and Uma giggled again. "Ben!" Mal said again, they both looked at her. "Did you go back for her?" She said on the verge of tears.

They sighed and Uma said, "He didn't have to.... I dove through the barrier before it closed and... I'm and excellent swimmer so-" she said.

"You are." Ben cut her off at the perfect time.

"Thank you" she said and she laughed.

Everyone was speechless.

I went up, next to Mal, "Uma? I when.. why?" I said to her. I looked hurt.

"You abandoned me, and the crew!" She said to me. "You left your family!" She exclaimed angrily.

"I didn't leave! I was fucking taken!" I yelled back, now fake crying.

"Well, it sure looks like you don't care about us anymore. You left a few hours ago and now your already dressed up at a fancy party!" She said to me. "You abandoned Me, you abandoned Harry, you abandoned Gil, and, worst of all, you abandoned Maire!" She snapped at me.

I looked at her, my tears spilling out, "fine.. if you feel that way." I said I walked to the corner of the boat and doing all my tells of lying so people in the Isle could tell, I ran my fingers through my hair and I bit my index fingers nails.

Uma turned her attention away from me and looked at Mal, "Listen, Mal" she said grabbing Mal's hand. Mal gasped and flinched but Uma didn't budge.

"I just really want to thank you!" Uma said, she chuckled, "I do... for everything" she breathed out. Then she did the unthinkable, she hugged her. I looked at her with wide eyes and still a hurt look on my face, but I bit my index finger nail indicating that it's only acting. So she continued.

"Thank you, thank you so much!" Uma whispered. Mal remained frozen.

Ben came in and said, "Don't you see Mal? Y- you were right. You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me that you loved me." He said.