10- Long Lost Mother

Mal had just left and the crew and I celebrated our victory. Me and Maire were talking to each other when Uma, Harry and Gil came to drag me to another corner.

"Did you mean what you said to Mal?" Harry instantly asked.

I looked dumbfounded suddenly, "what?" Is all that I could muster out.

"Did you mean what you said to Mal?" Uma said slowly.

"Of course? When do I lie?......... ok not the best example. But I meant every word." I said looking at them.

"Really?" Gil said, with a happy look on his face.

"Yeah, obviously!" I said smiling back, they all looked really happy to hear that. "You guys are my family, I would never hurt you. Not like they did to me... anyway."

"Ok." Uma said smiling, "come on, bring it in" she said holding her arms out, we all laughed and hugged her.

Mal's POV

I saw all of the pirates celebrating them beating me. I hated seeing them happy but I had to see Naomi.

I saw her talking to this girl, she looked like Harry, may be a sibling, I thought. They were holding hands, they looked happy.

Then Uma, Harry and Gil took her over towards me. I heard their conversation.

"Did you mean what you said to Mal?" Harry instantly asked.

She looked dumbfounded suddenly, "what?" Is all she said.

"Did you mean what you said to Mal?" Uma said slowly.

"Of course? When do I lie?......... ok not the best example. But I meant every word." She said looking at them. I was hurt, but I could tell she was hurt more.

"Really?" Gil said, with a happy look on his face.

"Yeah, obviously!" She said smiling more, they all looked really happy to hear that. "You guys are my family, I would never hurt you. Not like they did to me... anyway."

"Ok." Uma said smiling, "come on, bring it in" she said holding her arms out, they all laughed and hugged her.

Wow, they really loved each other. I thought while leaving, I had to tell the VKs what happened. I know one thing for sure, we need to bring her back.

--__***__--

When I got back to the hang out, I was telling them what happened.

"Nia beat me" I said embarrassed.

"My sister? Beat you? In an arm wrestle?!" Jay said in disbelief.

"Yeah the one who couldn't even jump on a building?" Evie said.

"Maybe she had a reason." Carlos said, "what did she say?"

I was trying to remember what she said during it, then I remembered. "She said she was 'hurt'? I don't understand though, do you know Jay?"

He sighed, "it isn't really my thing to say, but..." he paused, I hope I was thinking the wrong thing had happened to her.

"Pops, he... abused her. She came to me with broken ribs and cuts and bruises on the day we left. I never came back for her, to check if she was safe. No wonder she hates me."