16- Uma and Cotillion

Naomi's POV

It was 3 hours until Cotillion, and the plan. Tonight was going to be perfect. Now I need an excuse to leave.

"I'm going out" I said to Evie and Mal.

"Hold on, Hold on" Mal said.

"Wait right there" Evie said at the same time.

I groaned, "what?" I said.

"Where are you going?" Mal said.

"To the coast, Why? Do you think I'm going to escape?" I laughed, "one thing you girls should know is that I can't swim so therefore I can't escape this stereotypical island. So yeah, toodles" I said while running out.

I passed multiple people until I made it to the coast. There I saw a huge, teal tentacle appearing out the ocean. I walk up to it and gave it a dress I stole from Evie, with a few adjustments from myself. It then came out to reveal Uma, back in her human form, she put on the dress and I talked to Uma for an hour. Then I left for the dorms. She slid back into the ocean to go find Ben and activate the spell.

But not before saying, "Remember Uma, stick with the plan, whatever we say is just acting." I whispered to the Ocean.

I found my way back inside and went to the girls room, I heard Jay and Carlos talk in there too so I stayed outside and listened.

"How!? Why!? How could you let her go! And why?!" I heard Jay shout.

"Well she didn't really give us much of a choice Jay, so.. CALM DOWN" I heard Mal yell.

"And stop yelling at them too, she's tricky and we ALL know that" Carlos said.

"Yeah, guys we need to calm down. Remember, if we want to build a relationship with her we need to trust. And trust goes 2 ways" Evie said. I chose this as my time to walk in.

"Wise words" I said while opening the door, "that's another reason why I like you the most" I said to her.

"Where. Were. You?!" Jay exclaimed he said playfully smacking my arm, with a book.

"I. Was. At. The. Coast!" I said back, mimicking his tone, also smacking his with the book i pried out of his hands.

"Ugh!" He said annoyed, "I forgot how annoying you were" he said.

"Aww don't tell me you didn't like it." I said pouting. "Anyway, I need to get dressed, we only have a hour and a half left so." I said pointing at my wrist like I had a watch on, "tik tok."

"Oh shit, that's right. I forgot you weren't changed. Now let's get you dressed!" Evie said dragging me into the bathroom. She gave me the suit.

I stared at it in awe, it was formal but it had a pirate vibe to it, "Evie... it's... amazing!" I said to her.

"I'm glad you like it, now put it on and show the others!" She said. She walked out so I could put it on.

 She walked out so I could put it on