Chapter 4: Resurgence

The days haven't been going well. Every day, this headache returns, each day worse than the last. I maybe they're trying to tell me something? I'm not sure. This world is strange. Days passed, which soon became weeks and still no memories have come back to me. One day, when walking around Planeptune with my new sisters, we went into a building that Histoire told us to visit. It turned out to be a science lab. Inside we found Histoire, or Histy which I picked up from Neptune. "What's up, Histy?" Nep asked.

"I'm not sure you know this, but this lab is actually trying to reach out to other dimensions. Not just Plutia's dimension though. Other ones, farther ones." Histoire told us. "So far, they haven't had any success. But they were able to transport objects and messages." She added.

I tilted my head to the side. "What kind of messages?" I asked. Histoire put her hand up.

"Things like sounds or writings. Even items." She explained. "Sounds...?" I wondered. I had an idea. "I think I got it." I said and pull out my phone. On it, I had recorded a sound dubbed "the bloop." I held it up to Histoire. "Like this?" I asked and played the track. One of the scientists overheard and was astounded.

"No way." She said and walked up to us, taking my phone out of my hand. She held it closer to her ear and listened. "How did you get this? The sound." She asked.

"It was a recording I saved on my phone there. The sound was so loud, that it could be heard from the source, to inland. It was called 'The Bloop' and it was picked up by a series of hydrophones." I explained to her.

"You must be from the world we are trying to reach. How did you get here?" She questioned.

"I'm not sure myself." I said. She had more questions for me.

"Do you know anything? Or can you not remember?" She inquired. I shook my head. "I see..." She said and handed me my phone back.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"She is the head scientist." Histoire answered. Hearing that word, the headache I had lightened.

"Scientist?" I wondered to myself. "I remember something." I said.

"Nep what?! You do?!" Neptune asked. I nodded.

"I used to want to be a scientist. I remember do experiments and observations. I was fascinated with it." I told. I look to my left and see a lab coat hanging. I grab it and put it over my shoulders. I smiled. "This feels much better." I said.

Everyone else in the room smiled as well. "That's great, Nanu." Nepgear said as she and Neptune hugged me tight.

"Need...oxygen!" I almost screamed but couldn't due to the lack of air. The two quickly let go and allowed me to breathe. I wanted to lecture them, but in the end, we all just laughed.

We left for the Basilicom and was greeted by Peashy again. She invited us to play, and to everyone's surprise, I agreed.