Chapter 7: Rise From The Ashes

"Where are we?" Noire asked, looking around. "Ugh, and why is it so hot?!"

"It seems we are in an alleyway." I said sarcastically.

Noire groaned. "I know THAT much, but where?!"

I only chuckle, and didn't answer her question. Not even I knew where we ended up at this moment. "Okay ladies, we only have one day to look for Arfoire. We can't waste time, so we should start looking. And try to blend into the crowd. The last thing we want is unwanted attention." I said and we started our search.

Judging from our surroundings, we seemed to be in a city known as Las Vegas, in the state of Nevada. My home. A newer home of mine, anyway. I know I said not to waste time, but I thought I could get some of my memories back if I look at my house. Not like I remember it, I forgot that too. I walk around looking for Arfoire and my house, to see if see would attack it. Surprisingly, it's awfully quiet. Normally she would've attacked by now, at least that's what big sis said. As I search, I manage to find Uni. "Any luck, Uni?" I asked.

"No. Maybe I can find her if I had a view of the city. But I can't seem to transform here." She said. I put my hand on my chin, thinking. A view of the city...

"I got it!" I said. "We could go onto the roof of Trump Tower. That's one of the biggest towers in the city." I said and pointed at it in the distance.

"Okay. But how do we get there fast enough?" Uni questioned. I started thinking some more. I see a yellow car drive up the road and raise my hand.

"Taxi!" I yelled and it pulled over.

"What's up?" The driver asked.

"We need to get to Trump Tower. Think you can take us there?" I explained.

"Get in." He said. We both got into the back and we were off. In about a 30 minute drive, we pulled into the parking lot of the tower.

"Here's your pay, keep the change." I said as we ran out and into the tower. We took the elevator since it was the fastest way up. Once we reached the roof, we could see almost the entire city. Almost. Uni pulled out her sniper rifle and scoped the area.

"Over there." She said. "At that building. Desert Oasis High School." She clarified.

"A school? But why though?" I said. Suddenly, we got a call from Histoire. "What's up?" I asked.

"We have produced some Share crystals for all of you. Please take them at the portal you entered from. Neptune and the others are already on their way." Histy informed.

I nodded and me and Uni went back to the portal via another taxi. There were only two Share crystals on the ground. Even though I couldn't transform, I grabbed one anyway. You never know, some epic plot might happen later. "We're pretty close to Desert Oasis High School from here. We can walk the rest of the way. Tell Nepgear and the others." I said. "I'll go on ahead." I added.

Uni nodded and started the call. As I ran to the school, I could see that the streets were getting more empty the closer I got. This must have been Arfoire. As I approach the school, I see that it was practically deserted. Arfoire is definitely here. I walk in and look around the empty halls. If I remember correctly, there was school today. I was only gone a month, so it hadn't changed much. "Now then. If I were a villain, where would I be...?" I wonder to myself. An idea popped into my head. "Hey!! Arfart!! You in here?!" I call and wait for an answer. I start to hear shouting coming from the gymnasium so I head in that direction. I look into the door windows and see Arfoire and all the teachers, staff, and students in there. The teachers are tied up while the student were on the bleachers. I open the door and walk in casually. "Wow, nice set up here. What are you planning to do with all these people?" I asked as I walked up to them.