Chapter 17: Noire is a Criminal?!

I found Uni and Noire entering a nearby town. I followed them in and called out to them. "Lady Noire! Uni!" I call and get their attention.

"Hey Nanu. Nepgear told me you were coming." Uni stated. I nod.

"Well I don't know about you, but we don't need your help." Lady Noire said and made a shooing gesture.

"With an attitude like that, yeah. You need me." I said.

"C'mon Noire. We should let him help. Planeptune is too far for him to walk, and he's already here." Uni defended me.

Noire sighed. "Fine, he can help. Just don't get in the way." She agreed. I nodded and followed them to a cafe.

"Oh, new faces. Haven't seen you three around before." She the man waiting the tables.

"Yeah, just three siblings and a pet Dogoo out seeing the sights." Noire laughed nervously.

"She needs acting lessons." I thought to myself. In the back I hear people whispering.

"Hey, isn't that the girl in the wanted poster?" One man muttered.

"Yeah, I think it is." Said another man. I look around and see no other females in the cafe.

"Uni, lady Noire. I think we should leave." I whispered.

"What? Why?" Uni asked.

"They're talking about a wanted person. Specifically, a girl. There are no other girls in the room besides you two." I explained. After I said that, Lastation soldiers walk into the cafe.

"Thank goodness you're here. She's right over there." Said the waiter man.

"C'mon. We're getting outta here." I said and grabbed them by the arms, and Gerrie followed suit.

"Don't let her escape!" I hear the soldiers call. We ran into an alleyway thinking it was a good idea, but it just got us trapped. "Release those hostages! And come with us quietly." The soldiers said.

"Hostages?" I asked. The soldier wasn't done talking yet.

"Noire of AffimaX, you are under arrest!" One yelled.

"Uni, Nanu. Get outta here. It's me they want." Noire said.

"What? Noire, you can't be serious!" Uni said shocked.

"I understand." I said.

"What?! Nanu?!" Uni was furious.

Lady Noire smiled at us. "I need you guys to be reserves just in case the worst happens." Noire explained. "Nanu, take good care of Uni." She added.

I nodded and took Uni's hand. I walked us over to the soldiers as Noire made her escape. "Don't worry you two. She'll be behind bars very soon." Said one soldier. I shot him a glaring side eye and walked out of the alley with Uni. For awhile, Uni wouldn't talk to me. She must still be mad at me for taking her away from Noire.

I didn't know my way around Lastation, so I tried to ask Uni for some pointers, but she didn't say a word, she only huffed and pouted. We set up camp outside the town and I made the fire. We sat around it to keep warm, and Uni sat about two meters away from me at all times. "Uni. I'm sorry. It's what Noire wanted." I apologized. She still didn't talk. "Do you hate me?" I asked.

After a minute of silence, she finally answered. "No. I can't stay mad at you for very long. I'm just really, really upset." She sighed. "Why? Why would Noire let us run on our own while she gets chased down by the law?" Uni asked.

I thought on this. "Maybe you just jumped to the wrong conclusion. Maybe Noire wants us to break her out, just in case she does get captured." I explained. I don't know Noire's motives myself, but that is what I think she wants.

"But how do we know when she gets caught? It's not like they're going to just post it on the news." Uni continued to complain.

"Maybe they would. I don't know? This place just seems like the kind of nation that would do that." I chuckled.

She smiled. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She agreed. We talked a little longer and decided to call it a night. Tomorrow we needed to train just in case things get dicey.