Chapter 13: What the Nep?!

With the horde of monsters defeated, and Arfoire escaped, we sat on the ground of the transport station. "I told you guys to go, but you came right back out! Don't you want to go home?!" Uzume scolded us.

"What's up with you?! Is that how you thank your friends here in Zero Dimension? At least act a little more grateful." I complained.

"Don't be like that Nanu. She has a right to be upset." Nepgear said.

Uzume sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry. Thank you for the help." She said.

"Hmm... The Shares from the Share crystals are drained out. And it seems like the transporter is out of steam as well. We'll need to find another way to get you two back home now." Umio said observing the machine.

"We can always just deal with Arfoire before we head back. She's old, but persistent." I said.

"No way. What if that takes months, years even?! You don't have that kind of time." Uzume protested.

"Well I don't hear you coming up with any ideas." I back talked.

"We'll find a way a home while dealing with Arfoire, how's that?" Nepgear suggested.

"Good idea Gearsy. What do you think, Uzume?" Umio said.

Uzume thought for a bit. "Alright, fine. We can do that. Let's head back to base." She sighed. Me and Nepgear fist bumped each other as we left, as if we made some kind of huge victory. I held my fist out to Uzume next.

"C'mon. Gimme some knuckles." I said to her. She finally smiled and put her fist to mine.

Once we left the arcade, we make way back to the hideout. Annnnnd now we're past the hideout. "Uh, Uzume? We passed the hideout. Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the base." Uzume said simply.

"But what base? We pasted your hideout a while ago." Nepgear asked.

"To our actual headquarters. That hideout was only used to be in close range of the giant." Umio explained.

"Oh..." Me and Nepgear said at the same time.

"But wait. What about Arfoire? She'll most likely follow us." I said.

"Fear not. For I have found a secret pathway that will take us there without her knowing. It's underground and very winding. She'll get lost if she just tries follows us from a distance." Umio said. For some reason though, that didn't sound very promising. I didn't say anything though, so I don't offend him. Wouldn't want to incur his fishy wrath.

As we walked through the cave system passage Umio was talking about...we hit a dead end. Surprise surprise. "Umio. Explain please." I said looking at the man fish.

"Hmm. It seems we've hit a dead end." He said.

I face palmed myself and groaned. "I know that much. But why, pray tell, did we hit this dead end?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure. Let us retrace our steps, slowly." He instructed.

"Not going to happen." We heard Arfoire's voice behind us. We turn to face her and see her there with yet another horde of monsters.

"Ugh, how many time do we need to teach you this lesson, old hag?!" I complain.

"Shut up! This time I will definitely destroy you CPUs." She said.

I shake my head. "Isn't that what you said last time? And the time before that?" I question. I could tell she wasn't enjoying this, because she commanded her monster horde to attack us.

We dealt with all the monsters easily. I guess all that level grinding was worth it. "You can run now." I taunt her. She was gritting her teeth in angry, but recomposed herself quickly.