Chapter 10: In an Unknown Land

After a few hours of rest and talking, we set out back to the city to fight that giant. We only talked small talk, like what the name of the city is, who Uzume was, and why she is so hellbent on killing the giant. She didn't have a straight answer to most of our questions, but we learned one thing, Uzume lost most of her memories, like I did. I didn't say anything about it though. We approach the city and see a whole horde of monsters. "Yikes. What now? Should we take the stealthy approach, or head on slaughter?" I asked. "I'm fine with any." I add. It didn't take a mad scientist to know this answer.

"We attack head on, and get the giant's attention." Uzume said. I draw my sword and hold it in front of me.

"Perfect." I purred. We fought and fought until the entire horde was nothing but pixels.

"Phew. Well that was exciting." Big sis commented.

"That was only the first wave. The second is coming now." Uzume said and was prepped for fighting. Like she said, the next wave came just on time. This one was a lot longer than the last. "Okay. Now we rest a bit more. It's usually only two waves until he comes." Uzume said.

"Who?" We all asked.

"Oh, here he comes now. That was faster than expected." She said and pointed to the giant. Just below it, there was a large wolf like monster coming this way. "He's an old rival. He always shows up before I could get to the giant." Uzume explained. "He's like some kind of bodyguard dog." She added.

"Well, okay. One more shouldn't hurt." I said. "You three should rest. I can handle this one. I am not taking no for an answer from any of you." I said and ran ahead to meet the beast. It was strong, to be honest, but nothing I can't handle. As I was about to finish it, it ran off. I wanted to chase it, but it could very well be a trap.

"Nanu!" Big sis called as she and the other two ran up to me.

"You all good for battle?" I asked.

"Yeah. We can deal with it now. But what about you? You look pretty beat up." Uzume said. I shrugged. In the distance, I could hear footsteps. Not the giant's though, multiple smaller monsters.

I turn to face them and see an entirely new horde of monsters coming this way, all lead by the dog beast. "I thought you dealt with him?" Uzume asked.

"I did, but it ran off." I lied. "Well, looks like it's time for round two! Get ready!" I said and drew my sword again.

"Okay, I was going to save this for later, but it looks like I have to." Uzume mumbled. "Transform!" She called and held out a crystal.

"Huh?" Me and my sisters question. In a matter of seconds, Uzume lost her clothes and was put into a skin tight, frilly dress skirt. Her red hair now became orange and done in a twin ring style. Her megaphone weapon was still there though. He eyes also became orange and her voice is the cringest thing I've ever heard. "I'm ready to do this!" She exclaimed in her now high pitched, stereotypical anime girl voice.

"You're a CPU?!" We all said at the same time.

"Gah! Forget it. Let's focus." I said and we started battle. Not only did her personality change completely, so did her skills. It seems she isn't very used to this sort of power. There were some times where she accidentally hit us with her attacks. It was rough, but we managed to make it through. "Ugh... It's finally over." I groan and lay flat on the ground. Uzume reverted back to her normal form.

"Where did the giant go?" Nepgear asked. There was no sign of it in the city, not anymore at least.

"Phew. Woozy." Uzume said and almost collapsed when I got up and caught her.