Chapter 12: A Bitter Farewell

The next day we started on finding our way home right away. We found a transporter, but it was broken and needed power. Nepgear agreed to fix it, while we find some power to power it. "Okay, it's done." Nepgear said happily.

"What? Already?!" Big sis asked.

"Did you guys find any power sources to use?" Nepgear asked.

"No. And that's because me and Umio are the only ones looking, while those two were taking a catnap." I said angrily. Uzume and big sis laughed nervously and rubbed the back of their heads.

"Doesn't matter. We're missing one part anyway." Nepgear said.

"If you're missing a part, than why did you say you were done..!?" I whine. They all laughed.

"At any rate, I haven't just been sleeping. I was thinking. And came up with a solution. Here." Uzume offered a bag. I look inside while my sisters look over my shoulders.

"Woah! Your Share crystals?! This is a bit much, don't you think?" Big sis asked. Uzume shrugged.

"It's fine. I don't need them anymore." She said. "And besides, I have plenty more." She added. I move my eyes from the contents of the bag and look her straight in the eyes.

"Thank you. This is much appreciated." I said and put the bag to the side. "C'mon, let's head back to the hideout and get some sleep. We'll start looking for that missing part tomorrow." I said and walk out.

Everyone nodded and followed me out. Later that night, we all retired to our beds and fell asleep.

Dream Flashback

I open my eyes to the sound of a fire burning. I look around. "Fire? What?" I wonder aloud and look toward two siblings, hand in hand on the kitchen counter.

A brother and an older sister. "Don't let go!" The sister cried, but the boy's gaze was fixed on the open vortex behind them. I failed to notice it. "Nanu? What are thinking?" She asked. The boy, me, looked at his sister and smiled.

"I'm sorry...that I was such a burden." He said and let go of his sister's hand, flying into the vortex. Suddenly, I started to see things out of the boy's eyes, falling.

End of Dream

I shoot up look around to see that I'm still in my room. Still on my bed. "That boy looked exactly like me... Was that...me...? And who was that woman...?" I thought out loud.

Big sis said that if I remember anything, I should tell her. I walk out to see everyone eating breakfast around a table. But it was just pudding.

"Big sis, I remembered something." I said.

"Woah, you did? What did you remember?" She asked.

"It's not much... But...I learned that I had another older sister. And that I was taken from my world by a strange vortex that suddenly appeared in my house.." I explained.

"Hmm... I'm not sure what to make of this..." Big sis said. "Well, it's fine! Once we get back home, we'll think of a way to resolve your problems next! I promise" She announced.

I couldn't help but smile. And while I had no intention of leaving my new found family anymore, the thought of knowing big sis cared this much about me made me feel...calmer.

Once we ate, we started looking for this missing part. Nepgear seemed so stress lately, it was making it hard to focus. Perhaps she's homesick? I should ask. "Hey, Nepgear. Is everything alright? You seem distracted." I asked her.