Chapter 9: Welcome to Zero Dimension Part 2

"Ugh..." I groan as I heard Nepgear calling, telling me and Big sis to wake up. We must have blacked out. I open my eyes and look around. From what I could see, which wasn't much, is that we were in a city. But it wasn't in good condition. Ruin as far as the eye could see.

"Thank goodness you're awake." Nepgear said.

"What happened? Why is big sis sleeping?" I inquired.

"I'm not sure. All I remember is that vortex sucking us into it." She responded. Right, that.

"I'm going to look around." I said and left the scene. As much as I could see, the city was ruined, and there were monsters everywhere.

"Hey! Nanu! I think we can progress this way!" Nepgear called. I nodded and joined my sisters. This place, it felt so familiar. But I can't put my finger on it. As we walked, we were attacked by a few monsters. But they weren't that difficult. Basic things you fight at the beginning of games, ya know. As we explored, the sense of familiarity kept getting stronger. Could this be Planeptune? It definitely felt like it.

"Ahhh!!" I heard big Nep scream. I look up to her and Nepgear on a pile of rubble, and climb up myself. At the top, we could see a ruined building that has a big resemblance to the Basilicom. No, it was the Basilicom.

At the bottom of the pile, we heard a shout. We look down and see girl fight off a lot of monsters. "Woah! Is she really planning to take them all on at once?!" Big sis questioned.

"Not planning. She is." I said.

"We have to help her." Nepgear said. Me and sis nodded and began sliding down the pile. We approached but took cover. We could hear her talking to someone, but couldn't see who.

"Gah, still so many? Hurry up with that evacuation, Umio." We heard.

"Grraahh!" A monster growled and was ready to attack.

"Hyah!" Big sis shouted as she killed it in one shot.

"What the? Who are you?" Asked the mystery girl.

"Big sis!" I called and came running.

"Hi there. We're here to help- woah!" Big sis was saying, but was attack but the girl.

"Woah! Uncalled for!" I said and break them away.

"Great. Now I have to kill monsters that look like humans. What's next?" She muttered.

"Monsters? I am offended. We're not monsters!" I yell. We clash again, and again, alternating between me and big sis.

"You two aren't half bad. What's your names?" She asked.

"Neptune. And this is my brother, Nanu." Big sis told her.

"What? Nepthu- your name is too hard to say." She whined. "Uzume Tennouboshi." She introduced herself and was about to clash with us again when Nepgear suddenly yelled over us.

"STOP!!" She shouted. We all stopped and looked at her. "We are not your enemies, we really are human. Just like you. We don't want to fight." She said.

"Seriously? You're not monsters?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's what we've been trying to tell you." Big sis sassed her.

"Now now, big sis. No need to sass the girl." I said.

"Anyway, my name is Nepgear. I'm Nanu's twin sister and Neptune's younger sister." She said.

"Wait, you two are younger than her?" Uzume asked. We both nodded. As we were talking, the next wave of monsters came rolling in. "Ugh! More?" Uzume complained.

"Well, shall we dance?" I asked. It was little something I picked up during my time here.

"Yeah, let's." big sis agreed and prepared to fight. We dealt with the wave and soon after the ground started shaking.

"An earthquake?" Nepgear questioned.

"No. Not an earthquake. Something else. Something big." I corrected.

"It's here." Uzume muttered.

"Huh? What is?" Big sis asked. I pointed up to the sky. "You mean that?" I inquired. A purple light shot across the sky and flew over us. It landed at the center of the city, the old Basilicom. What emerged was giant purple humanoid...thing.

It look almost like big sis when she transforms, but a lot bigger. "Okay. Here I go." Uzume muttered to herself.

"Wait, you're going to fight that thing?" I question. She nodded.

"I have to." She said.

"But it's too big! You can't beat that thing!" Big sis shouted.

"Don't try to stop me. I'm not backing down at this chance." Uzume countered. After for what seemed like an hour of arguing, I came to a conclusion.

"You're not going to fight that thing... Not alone, at least. We'll fight with you." I said. Neptune and Nepgear nodded at my idea.

"You really mean it? You'll help?" Uzume asked.

I nodded for my response. "But not right now. First, we need to take care of our injuries. It may not be much, but we should fight at all our strength." I suggested.

"But-! Ow!" Uzume protested but I grabbed her arm, making her shout in pain.

"We are going to rest, or I'm going to drag you." I said. After a few seconds, she finally agreed.

"Let's go to my hideout, we can rest there." She suggested and we all nodded and make our way out of the city. We reached Uzume's hideout in a matter of minutes.

"Wow! This place is so cool!" Nepgear commented.

"I know right?! I love it here!" Uzume said excitedly. I looked around.

"Yeah. Other than the fact that there are holes in the ceiling, the walls are crumbling, and there are bits and pieces of debris everywhere. But suurre, this place is cool." I said in my least sounding sarcastic voice to cover up my sarcasm.

"It's like one of those bases in retro war games!" Big sis added.

I face palm myself and sigh. This may take awhile to get used to.