Chapter Seventeen

hello! long time no update. sana po magustuhan mo/niyo HAHAHAHA. enjoy reading!

We are already done eating at nagpapababa na lang kinain bago umalis. We're currently interrogating Javier about Shane, well they are. Nakikinig lang ako sa usapan nila, iniiwasan kong makisali kasi baka mapunta naman sakin ang usapan. Hanggang sa napunta na nga sa akin

"Explain, Jan! Tahi-tahimik mo jan di namin alam you're already making a move na pala! Kailan pa?" lumapit sakin si Gael saka ako inakbayan. I growled at him nung ginulo niya ang buhok ko

"Smooth criminal amp! Bilib na talaga ako sayo Jan!" sabi ni Lance.

"Doesn't change the fact that Glenn is ate's partner later sa ball! Alam niyo ang yabang niyan last week! She keeps on bugging me after niyang ihatid si ate sa bahay.. Nakakaurat!" Gael held my shoulders and made me face him.

"Magkwento ka naman, boi!" He is grinning like a fool. I rolled my eyes and started telling them what happened in the past week

Flashback

I stood at the center of the basketball court, while my teammates gathered around me. The gym was filled with the sound of sneakers squeaking against the polished wood floors.

"Okay, everyone, let's get started," I called out. "Today, we're going to focus on our offensive plays and work on improving our shooting skills. Start tayo with some warm up drills then after that let's proceed sa team plays."

They nodded in agreement, nagsimula na silang kumilos sa court, dribbling the ball and shooting layups. As you can see ako magisa ang nagl-lead sa kanila. May meeting kase ang dalawang professors

I moved from player to player, offering encouragement and feedback. "Great job, Rielle, keep your elbows in when you shoot. Ayes, try to get a little more arc on your shot. Russel, keep your eyes up kapag nagdridribol ka."

I took note of each player's movements, analyzing their techniques and making mental notes of where they could improve. Pagkatapos ng warm-up drills, tinawag ko na ang lahat para idiscuss ang offensive plays. I drew diagrams on a whiteboard, explaining how important each player's movements to the success of the play.

"Let's do a team run-through," sabi ko, we began to practice the play on the court. I didn't fail to watch closely habang naglalaro rin ako, I'm calling out adjustments and corrections as we go along. We practiced the play over and over hanggang sa mai-execute namin ang play ng walang aberya.

I stood in the empty gym, feeling exhausted after that intense training. I watched as they all filled out, unti-unting nawawala ang mga tawanan at kwentuhan nila habang papunta sila sa locker room para magpalit ng damit. Nagpaiwan muna ako para magpahinga at maginat inat. I'm satisfied with how our training worked out for today, everyday we're making more progress and it's a good thing dahil pinaghahandaan ko talaga ang rookie ng Roxas University, Raven Brown. I can already feel the pain and fatigue from that rigorous workout.

Nagpalit na ako ng damit and took a quick shower and is already heading towards Lyric's office. I'll invite her out for dinner, I will not accept no for an answer. Pero first of all, sana hindi pa siya nakakauwi, I took a deep breath and knocked on her office door.

"Come in," it's Lyric! I sighed in relief before opening the door. She's currently standing and is already gathering her things on her desk, paalis na. Buti naabutan ko pa siya

"Hey, love.." I greeted her with a smile. She looks at me, her forehead creased. "The training's already finished, don't worry.." She's really strict when it comes to our training, masyado nang nicareer ang pagiging substitute coach. I slowly approached her, I wanted to feel her warmth.

I positioned myself behind her and slowly hugged her from her back. Lyric stiffened for a moment, surprised by my sudden action. She turned her head slightly to look at me over her shoulder.

"Andrico, what's this about?" she asked, her voice guarded.

I didn't let myself get affected and i didnt pull away, "Let's stay like this for a while please.."

Lyric sighed and pulled away from my hug. Napayuko ako, feeling a pang of disappointment. Na napalitan ng saya nung niyakap niya ako, her head resting on my chest. We stood there for a few moments, just holding each other in a warm embrace. Cliche as it may sound but It felt like the world around us had faded away and there was only the two of us. I put my weight onto her and I just let myself melt in her arms. Guys.. I'm home..

After a while, Lyric pulled away and looked at me, she's seriously looking at me. "How did the training go, Andrico?" she asked.

I smiled at her, "It went well, thanks for asking. We learned some new techniques and strategies that I think will be really helpful sa nalalapit na NSLA. I'll tell you the rest if you'll go with me to that new Italian restaurant that just opened up," I replied casually with a grin on my mouth.

She rolled her eyes at inabot sakin ang mga gamit niya, guys gentle na pagkakabigay niya hindi na marahas HAHAHA. I'm smiling like an idiot beside her, hindi niya lang ako niyakap ng kusa, nagbago na rin siya! Joke.

As we exited the elevator and walked towards the parking lot, I noticed Lyric looking at me curiously. "What?" I asked with a grin.

She shook her head, "Nothing, I'm just wondering what's gotten into you. Nabagok ba ulo mo kanina sa training or natamaan ba ng bola kaya naalog? You're so creepy smiling there alone.." i should be the one asking her that question, joke, wag niyo ako isumbong sa kanya HAHAHAHA

I shrugged, "I don't know, maybe it's because I'm excited for that newly opened Italian restaurant or maybe it's because I'm with you," I said, winking at her. She just rolled her eyes and looked in front. I opened the door at the passenger's seat to let her in first and i proceeded to the driver's seat after

As I drove us to the Italian restaurant Lyric shared some new drills na sinabi ni Coach Alejandro sa kanya for our next practice session, and of course I listened intently. When we arrived at the restaurant, napangiwi ako kasi sarado yung restaurant.

"Damn, it's closed. I'm sorry, love. Hanap na lang ako ibang restaurant na bukas.." i said, maneuvering my car.

Her eyes are wandering around as if looking for something, "It's fine. Let's just eat there"

——————————

hiii! may continuation po ito HAHAHAHA. ays po ba? ays? sanaaa. 2 votes for the continuation HAHAHAHA. muah!

——————————

051223