"I'm not jealous, it's just your mine"

I never thought Quinn would be the jealous type. He always seemed so confident in himself and in our relationship. But lately, I've noticed him getting a little uneasy whenever I scroll through my Instagram feed. Specifically, whenever I get comments from other guys.

At first, I didn't think much of it. I mean, I love Quinn more than anything in the world. And I know he loves me too. But as the comments continued to pour in, I could see the jealousy growing in his eyes.

One day, we were sitting on the couch together, scrolling through my feed. I saw a comment from a guy named Josh pop up, complimenting me on my latest post. I smiled and told Quinn about it.

"Who's Josh?" he asked, his voice slightly tense.

"Oh, he's just a guy I went to high school with. We've kept in touch over the years."

Quinn didn't say anything for a moment, just scrolled through the rest of the comments on the post. Then he looked up at me, his eyes darkening.

"Are you seriously talking to all these guys?" he asked.

I was taken aback. "What do you mean? They're just comments. It's not like I'm having an affair or something. Are you jealous?"

Quinn sighed and shook his head. "I'm not jealous, it's just that you're mine. I don't want other guys getting any ideas."

I could see the hurt and insecurity in his eyes. I didn't want him to feel that way, but I also didn't want to stop interacting with my followers on Instagram. So, I tried to reassure him.

"Quinn, I love you. You're the only one I want. These guys mean nothing to me. They're just random people on the internet."

But Quinn didn't seem convinced. He started scrolling through my other posts, pointing out all the comments from guys that he found suspicious. It was like he was trying to find evidence of something that wasn't there.

I started to get frustrated. Why couldn't he just trust me? I had never given him any reason to doubt my loyalty. And yet, here he was, acting like I was some sort of cheater.

"Quinn, I'm not going to stop using Instagram just because you're feeling jealous," I said, my voice getting a little sharp. "I'm allowed to have friends and followers. It doesn't mean anything."

Quinn just shrugged and went back to scrolling. I could tell he was still bothered, but he wasn't saying anything else. I felt a pang of guilt in my chest. Maybe I had been a little insensitive. Maybe I should have been more understanding of his feelings.

The next day, I decided to make it up to him. I cooked his favorite meal for dinner and we sat down together to talk things out. I asked him why he was feeling so insecure and he opened up to me about his past relationships and how he had been cheated on before.

"I just don't want to lose you," he said, his voice quiet. "You're everything to me."

I took his hand in mine and looked him in the eye. "You're not going to lose me. I'm not going anywhere. And those guys on Instagram don't mean anything to me. You're the only one I want."

Quinn smiled and squeezed my hand back. "I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I replied, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders. We sat there for a few more minutes, just enjoying each other's company. And for the first time in a long time, I felt truly content.