"you can sleep, I'll still be here"

I looked over at my boyfriend, Jack, who was tossing and turning in his sleep. It was clear that he was having a difficult time and I could sense his anxiety levels rising.

I moved closer to him and gently stroked his hair, hoping that the touch of my fingers on his scalp would be enough to calm him down. He turned towards me and his eyes fluttered open.

"I can't sleep," he whispered.

"It's okay," I replied softly. "You don't have to. I'll still be here with you."

Jack looked at me with a mixture of gratitude and sadness. I could tell that he didn't want to burden me with his issues, but at the same time, he desperately needed someone to talk to.

"It's just that, everything feels like it's going wrong," he said, his voice trembling. "I feel like I'm not good enough like I'm not doing enough. And it's keeping me up at night."

I understood how he felt. I had been in his shoes before, and I knew that the only way to help him was to be there for him, to listen to him, and to offer him words of comfort.

"You're amazing, Jack," I said, looking directly into his eyes. "You're doing everything you can, and you're doing it really well. You're kind, you're smart, and you're talented. Don't let your fears and doubts take away from all that you are."

I saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes, and I knew that my words had resonated with him. I continued to stroke his hair and held his hand, letting him know that he was not alone.

"You don't have to carry this burden alone, Jack," I said. "I'm here for you, always. Whenever you need me, I'll be here to listen to you and to offer you comfort."

He nodded and leaned into me, seeking solace in my arms. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close, and whispered softly into his ear.

"Close your eyes, Jack. You can sleep now. I'll still be here with you."

I felt his body relax as he closed his eyes, and I continued to stroke his hair until he drifted off into a peaceful slumber. I stayed with him, watching over him, making sure that he felt safe and loved.