I-I just felt a kick, quick

"I-I just felt a kick, quick!" I gasped, my hand instinctively flying to my stomach as I felt the tiny fluttering movement inside me. Excitement surged through me as I looked up at Jack, my heart pounding with anticipation.

Jack's eyes widened in amazement, his expression a mixture of awe and disbelief. "Really?" he asked, his voice tinged with disbelief.

I nodded eagerly, grabbing his hand and placing it on my abdomen, right where I felt the kick. His touch was gentle, his fingers warm against my skin as we both waited with bated breath.

Seconds felt like hours as we stood there, the only sound in the room the soft rustle of our breaths. And then, it happened. A tiny, unmistakable movement beneath his palm.

Jack's eyes widened even further, his breath catching in his throat. "I felt it," he whispered, his voice barely audible. "I felt the baby kick."

A surge of emotion swept over me, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. Seeing the wonder and joy on Jack's face made my heart swell with love. In that moment, everything felt perfect, as if the world had stopped just for us.

We stood there for what felt like an eternity, our hands still linked over my growing belly. Each flutter and kick felt like a precious gift, a reminder of the life blossoming inside me.

Eventually, Jack leaned down, pressing a gentle kiss against my stomach. "Hey there, little one," he murmured, his voice filled with tenderness. "We can't wait to meet you."