14 miss calls

I stormed out of the apartment, tears streaming down my face. I couldn't believe what had just happened. After four years of being together, I never thought we would end up in such a heated argument.

It had started as a small disagreement but had quickly escalated into something much bigger. Now I was standing on the sidewalk, unsure of where to go or what to do next.

I had been dating Quinn  since my sophomore year of college. We had met at a party and had hit it off immediately. Our relationship had been mostly smooth sailing since then, with the occasional bump in the road.

But this argument was different. It had brought up things we had never talked about before and had left me feeling raw and exposed.

As I walked down the street, I realized that I didn't have a plan. I hadn't packed a bag or made arrangements to stay with a friend.

I just needed to get away from Quinn and the apartment. I needed to clear my head and figure out what to do next.

After a few blocks, I found myself outside a coffee shop. I went inside and ordered a latte, hoping that the warm drink would soothe my nerves. I sat down at a table in the back of the shop and pulled out my phone.

Quinny❤️ please come home

14 miss calls from Quinny❤️

Quinny❤️ love... y/n come home

"This was a mistake. I never should've came here." That's what I had said to Quinn before storming out of the apartment. Those words had been playing on a loop in my head ever since. I wasn't sure if I meant them or if I was just angry in the moment.

But I knew that I needed to take some time away from Quinn and the relationship to figure things out.

As I sipped my latte and stared out the window, I realized that I didn't want to be in a relationship where we couldn't communicate effectively.

I didn't want to be with someone who didn't understand my needs or who couldn't express their own. I didn't want to be in a relationship that left me feeling drained and unhappy.

After finishing my drink, I stood up and took a deep breath. I knew that I had a long road ahead of me, but I also knew that I needed to do what was best for me. I texted Quinn and told him that I needed some time alone to think.

He responded with a sad face emoji and a heart, but I knew that I couldn't let that sway me.

I left the coffee shop and started walking aimlessly, letting my thoughts wander.

I didn't know where I was going or what the future held, but for the first time in a long time, I felt like I was in control of my own life.