LIMIT

Once I hung up the phone, I squealed in excitement. The courage to call Leo came out of nowhere, but I was happy I followed through.

I took a shower and put my braids in a half up, half down style.

Body moisturized, gold hoops in, white sun dress and cute sandals... Now I was ready to go.

After the usual forty-something minutes of driving, I parked my car and was walking down the street toward my favorite cafe. It was 7:46 p.m., and the sun was still out, thanks to daylight savings.

So many thoughts filled my mind.

Would I see the spirit of the older woman again? Will I know what to talk about? Is he going to think I'm crazy if he knows I can see spirits? Will we have anything in common?

As I walked to the cafe door, a dark gray bentley pulled up. The driver opened the back door, and Leo got out. I immediately got nervous at the sight of him.

He wore a white button-up with a tan casual suit jacket and black pants.

Ugh, he looked so freaking good.

I stood still waiting for him to see me. As soon as he did... he smiled and removed his sunglasses.

"Well... Hello, Magnolia. You look gorgeous."

He leaned down and kissed my cheek, and I blushed.

"Thank you. You look very handsome...GQ-ish."

"GQ? Wow, thanks."

I went to open the door and he stopped me.

"I know I suggested coming here, but I would love to take you to this amazing restaurant up the road. I think you'll enjoy it."

"Oh, okay, sure."

He grabbed my hand and led me back to his ride. The driver opened the back door and we both got inside. I couldn't help but notice people staring at us. I'm not used to this type of attention.

"So, how was your day?"

Leo started the conversation as soon as the car pulled off. He smelled so good... I wanted to sniff his neck.

"My day was really relaxing. I had off from work today and got a lot of errands done. How about you?"

As soon as he began to talk, my phone buzzed. I ignored it and kept my focus on Leo.

"Spent time with family, and now I'm here with you."

"Oh no... I didn't mean to interrupt."

"You weren't interrupting. I was very pleased that you called me."

Leo stared into my eyes, and I became self-conscious. I looked away and decided to check my phone. It was the only way to stop me from being nervous.

"Where do you work?"

I put my phone back in my purse. "Sorry, I work at a daycare center. Early child development."

"That's great."

"I'm sure you're someone's boss....aren't you?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Yes, I am. Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah, you seem like a leader, alpha type guy."

We pulled up to the restaurant, and I internally gagged at how nice the exterior looked. Once we went inside, I was taken aback...the inside was romantically beautiful.

We took our seats, then continued our conversation. I got a little distracted, looking around at the beautiful flowers and lights on the ceiling.

"This is so pretty," I said out loud.

"I'm glad you like it. Magnolia, how old are you?"

I sipped my water. "I'm twenty."

"Just twenty?" He looked concerned.

"Yes... Is something wrong?"

"No, I just wasn't expecting you to be that young."

"I look older..."

"No, no... I thought you were at least over 21."

Thankfully, the waitress came to take our order. Leo seemed a little uncomfortable about my age.

"And how old are you?" I asked, sipping my water again.

"I'm 36."

"Oh... I see why you reacted that way to my age."

"Have you dated older men before?"

"No, older men usually creep me out..."

His left eyebrow raised.

I realized what I said. "Oh... but not you, though."

He laughed.

"I take it, young women aren't your cup of tea."

"I have nothing against younger women... I just think my age range is more appropriate for me."

My disappointment was felt, but I understood Leo's preference. It just sucks because I'm so attracted to him.

"Well... I guess I should've told you my age ahead of time. I apologize."

"No need to apologize, Magnolia. I still would like to treat you to dinner and enjoy your company. I'd value a friendship with you."

I gave a soft smile. "Thanks. Me too."

Wow, I already got friendzoned.

Leo and I talked about different things from movies, art, places he's traveled, and a little about both our childhoods. The food was delicious, we laughed and smiled the rest of the evening.

"Do you like where you live now?" He asked.

"Absolutely. I miss being around my parents, but I'm getting used to living alone. Do you live alone?"

He sipped his wine, staring into my eyes. "Now, I do."

"Recent break up?"

"Divorced... three years."

Soon, our conversation was interrupted. "Leo, surprise seeing you here.....Who's your friend?"

A woman walked up to our table, and his brows furrowed. I began to feel another presence nearby, I knew it had to be a spirit.

While Leo talked to the woman, the hairs on the back of my neck stood, and the same older woman I've seen before stood behind him. The spirit gave the woman an evil glare that sent chills down my spine.

Bitch.

My eyes widened.

Keep her away... Keep her away from him.

My heart raced at the intensity of the spirit's words.

This can't be good.