RECOVER

I could see the anger in Leo's eyes. My hand covered his, and I was just happy to see his face.

He introduced himself to my parents while the nurse came to check my wound and gave me more pain medicine.

My mind drifted away, replaying everything that happened that day. Being kidnapped, sexually assaulted, beat up, then shot. I'm thankful to God that I am still alive.

Stephanie was mauled by Leo's wolf spirit, but the police were already charging up the steps when they heard gunfire. My parents were a wreck and wanted me to come home with them while I recovered.

But Leo offered them to stay in the guestroom at the penthouse. I knew he wasn't going to let me stay somewhere else.

After four more days in the hospital, I was discharged. My mom said she would come and stay a few nights during the weekdays and the whole weekend to take care of me.

I honestly believe that even if Leo didn't offer, my mother was still coming to stay with me.

"I will be at Leo's place tomorrow morning. I took some time off work so I could focus on my baby."

"Thanks mommy."

"You don't need to thank me, I'm ya momma..." She kissed my forehead, and I smiled.

"You got her until then, right Leo?"

He grinned. "Yes, Ma'am."

My mother nodded and left while Leo picked me up like I weighed nothing and put me in the passenger seat.

We stopped to get take-out, and he carried me onto the elevator all the way into our place.

"My legs are fine, baby. I can walk on my own."

"No protesting, or I'll change that."

"Huh?"

"It's been a while since I've been inside of you, and I can smell your arousal."

My jaw dropped, and he sat me on his bed. I refrain from saying anything else and took my time getting comfortable on the bed. I felt a lot better than I did a few days ago, and my body was slowly healing.

"Ready to eat?" Leo walked in with our food.

I smiled. "Yes sir."

***

I made some phone calls and got updates on Max Stokes. He was definitely hiding in fear, realizing it wasn't just me who he pissed off.

"He must have gone completely underground. We can't get any signals from his phone or any other devices," Rex said.

"You all may have to lay low for a while. Make him think the coast is clear."

"Exactly and we also know where a few of his other family members live in the States. A few of the fellas already flew back."

I smirked. "Do what you have to do. Keep me posted."

We hung up, and I went into the room to lay and talk with Magnolia. I noticed she was reading her medical receipt when I walked into the room. She was wiping tears away.

"Are you alright?"

She looked up, surprised. "Yes."

"You know I don't believe you."

A sigh left her lips. "Leo, if I tell you something, promise me you won't get upset."

"I promise I won't get upset."

She took a deep breath.

"I was pregnant but miscarried. It must have been from the trauma my body was going through."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"I didn't believe it either when the doctor told me, but I remembered you're a werewolf. "

It made sense since werewolf babies conceive faster and don't take long to grow in the womb. This happens whether the mother is human or not. But Magnolia being fully human puts her at a higher risk for miscarriage.

"I'm sorry, Leo....I didn't know I was pregnant. I would've never gone to work that day."

I sat next to her and held her in my arms. "Shhh...it's okay, baby. It's not your fault."

I held her until she calmed and fell asleep. I kissed her forehead and shut the bedroom door as I walked out.

I grabbed my phone and made a phone call.

"Hey Rex, I need one of the guys to make a stop and eliminate someone for me."

I heard him talking to someone in the background. "Ay, quick kill on the list."

He got back on the phone. "Gotcha, where?"

"Mercury Hospital."

I gave him the name and section of the hospital where the target is located.

"Done."

We hung up, and my phone notification went off. I checked my tracker, map, and my brows furrowed.

"Max Stokes is in town."