VIEW

My paranoia that Niko may pop up at my apartment caused me to keep mase in my hand every time I came home. It was the only sense of control and security I had.

It's my third month as a personal assistant. Work was going well, and I didn't bring up the whole Roxanne thing to Leo again. I was enjoying the calm between us too much.

He had a few errands for me to run this week and gave me a spare key to his place. I had grocery shopping on Tuesday, package pick-ups on Wednesday, and dry cleaning on Thursday.

Monday and Friday were office related work.

The errands were easy this week and gave me the chance not to be cooped up in the office all day.

I picked up his dry cleaning after my lunch break. Leo was on a business trip this week, so he'll be happy to come home to a fridge full of food and clean clothes.

"Hey, Magnolia." Jerry, the doorman, greeted me.

"Hi Jerry."

I got on the elevator with Leo's suits, picturing how he would look in each of them. When I walked in, everything was still clean like I left it, and I knew he would be pleased when he saw what I did.

After I watered the plants, I grabbed his suits to put them in his room. Leo's penthouse was amazing. It made my apartment look the size of a shoebox.

The closer I got to his room....

"Ah! Yes, baby! Yes! AH!"

I froze at the sounds, covering my mouth. The door was cracked open enough for me to see a naked blonde woman riding on top of my boss.

My eyes were fixated on her as she moved up and down while his big hands held her waist. Her eyes were closed, and it looked like she was really enjoying herself.

Sheesh...that looks like it feels really good.

The louder she moaned, the wetter I got, and my curiosity turned into jealousy. I walked away as quietly as I could.

Let me get out of here before I get any stupid ideas.

I was putting his suits across the couch when the woman got louder.

"I'm cumming, Leo! AAAAH!!!"

Her scream made me jump, knocking over a glass vase. I contemplated cleaning up the mess or bailing...I chose the latter.

Hurrying to the door, I heard his deep voice yell.

"Magnolia, stop!"

My heart raced. "Oh shit..."

***

After Karina got off of me, we heard a crashing sound. I put my boxer briefs back on and went to see what it was. To my surprise, it was Magnolia.

She was trying to leave but I called out to her. Thankfully, she stopped.

"What are you doing here?"

Her back was still facing me. "I was dropping off your suits from the dry cleaners."

She sounded scared and I didn't like that.

"Look at me, Magnolia."

"Are you naked?"

I smirked, realizing she knew what I was doing before I called her.

"No."

"Mr. Vinci!" She turned around, then covered her eyes.

"What?"

"I thought you said you weren't naked?!"

"I'm not naked..."

"What is going on?" Karina walked out with my button up on.

Magnolia looked at me as if she were seeing me for the first time. It felt like her view of me was changing. Her expression went blank, and she looked away.

"I'm sorry for breaking your vase, Mr. Vinci. I'll leave now."

She looked sad while she turned to walk away but I couldn't let her leave.

"Magnolia, wait."

She stopped again and I looked at Karina.

"I need to talk to my assistant about a few things. I'll call you."

Karina got the hint. After she left, I got dressed, then asked Magnolia to have a seat. She looked scared as if she was in trouble.

"So, how did things go while I was away?"

"They went well. I thought you were coming back tomorrow night."

She wouldn't look at me.

"Yeah, things wrapped up earlier than expected."

"I see....well, I've done all my errands. I'll see you on Monday."

Still not looking at me, she got up to leave. This energy she was giving didn't feel right, but I didn't know what to do to change it.

"Magnolia, are you okay?"

Her eyes finally met mine, and she gave a soft smile. "Yes, sir. Everything is fine. Enjoy your weekend."

For some reason, Magnolia coming over here when I was with another woman didn't sit right with me. She is my assistant, but I felt like I've been caught cheating by my spouse.

Later that night, I couldn't get her off my mind. I was having dinner with some friends but barely was a part of their conversation. I put money on the table, preparing to call it a night.

Why do I care so much what she thinks of me?

My phone buzzed...it was Magnolia, and I quickly answered, not caring that I was still at the table.

"Magnolia, are you okay?"

"Hi, Mr. Vinci. Yes, I'm fine. I wanted to apologize for earlier."

I excused myself from the table and headed out, standing in front of the restaurant.

"No worries... I should be apologizing to you. I didn't let you know I was flying back early."

There was silence on the other end, and I hope she still didn't beat herself up about earlier.

"Leo, if I ask you a question, do you promise to be honest?"

Her voice was so soft and sweet, causing her pretty full lips to run across my mind.

"Yes, of course."

"What did you do to Roxanne?"

The dreaded words I didn't want to hear came through the phone. I have been successful forgetting Roxanne's tragic end, but once again, she's haunting memories.

"What the hell? Someone's knocking at my door."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm gonna check to see who it is..."

The phone was silent for a while, and then Magnolia's trembling voice was back on. She was whispering, and I could hear the fear in her voice.

"I can't believe he's here... he's freaking here. Why can't he just leave me alone?"

With no questions, I went to my car and got in..

"Don't open the door, I'm on my way."

I sped out of the parking lot.