CONFESS

Hearing Leo admit that he killed Roxanne made my heart drop. He drank his wine while staring into my eyes. I was speechless.

"Now that you know the truth, you don't have anything to say?"

"L-Leo, I'm shocked."

"Are you really?"

My calm was taken away. I was contemplating what I should do next.

"Yes. Why did you kill her?"

Leo pulled me closer. "We'll talk later. Let's enjoy our time here."

He kissed my forehead while our food was brought to us. I was actually very hungry and decided to eat before I passed out.

I remained silent, only speaking when spoken to. Leo had a few calls come through as Roxanne stood in the corner watching us.

My guilt was growing, but I still didn't understand why she wanted to be around him.

"You're so quiet...you must be upset."

His words were heard, but my mind was somewhere else. I was no longer enjoying myself. My breathing was becoming harder...I needed air.

With no words, I got up and ran out of our section. I took a deep breath as I walked toward the exit. I wanted to be alone to think, to figure out what I was feeling...tears filled my eyes.

Something came over me, and I ran down the street with the night filling the sky. I didn't think about what I was doing or my safety, I just wanted to get away.

Leo has not only taken over my body but my mind, and I am terrified. I don't want to end up like Roxanne.

Why did he kill her?

I saw a bench in the park. One lone light pole lit up the area.

Looking around, I saw how far I ran. I sat down, taking a deep breath.

The sound of the night calmed me as tears fell down my face. How did I let myself get so indulged in Leo.

A black car pulled up to the curb in the distance. I got up looking down at what I was wearing...I shouldn't be out here alone.

My heels clicked on the pavement in the opposite direction of the car.

"Magnolia."

Leo's voice was right behind me, and I froze. The warmth from his body was on my back. Once again, I'm reminded he's not human.

"She was a submissive of mine and was a really nice woman when I first met her. We did a few sessions, but I could tell she was a little different."

His warm hands touched the side of my arms.

"We never had sex but did other things because I didn't trust her temperament. As in many stories, she saw that I had other companions, which I told her about in the beginning."

I listened to every word as Roxanne's spirit stood a few feet ahead of me.

"She got in contact with someone I was not on good terms with. An offer was made to poison me, and she would be paid. I found out before she could make due on the deal. I cut her off completely."

I stared at Roxanne, but she no longer looked at me.

"Of course, Roxanne didn't like that and ambushed me with a few of her male acquaintances. I was shot over ten times. She assumed I was dead...I almost thought I was too."

I turned to face him.

"I woke up in the morgue and walked out the back exit with bullet wounds all over my body. A few months go by, I heal, and I see her...she sees me. The look on her face was priceless."

"Wow."

His words were almost hard to believe.

"She showed up at my home one day with bruises all over her body. Her boyfriend was abusive. She asked me to help her get rid of him ...I couldn't believe the balls she had to not only come to my home but ask me for a favor."

I had no words.

"I told her I would help and to bring him to a warehouse. To my surprise, her boyfriend was the same enemy that wanted her to poison me."

My heart raced, and I cringed at what he said. Roxanne had a lot of nerve.

"I always try to do the right thing and be the bigger person when it comes to women, but I never get the same in return. So, after I ripped his heart out and she cried, thanking me... I snapped her neck and left."

LEO, NOOOOOO!!! NOOOOO!!!

Her screams of anger were heard, but I didn't look at her.

"You have no place here, Roxanne. You are not wanted by me, go away, and leave my mate alone." Leo talked out loud, causing her to scream in agony.

The sounds were piercing, but I closed my eyes and mentally began to recite words for her to go into the light.

You don't belong here anymore. Find your place away from the living. Be free in the afterlife. There is peace there.

I'm sorry, Leo! Please forgive me, my love!! Leo!

As soon as her voice and image began to fade away....

POP! POP! POP!

"Magnolia!"

Leo picked me up while running away from the gunfire. I looked behind him to see two SUV's and a dozen figures chasing us with guns.